Zumb'uls are a species of bipedal humanoid aliens from the planet Ras-ad-Nyk. They were trained by Mental in his 'East Clintwood' facilities, which were named after a famous 20th century gun-wielding actor. According to rumor, every Zumb'ul being trained passed because Mental threatened that they would spend the rest of their lives taking pictures of bridges if they failed. It turns out they all graduated.
The Zumb'ul's has two attack: firing two plasma rockets at the player and a melee attack (only in Serious Sam HD and Serious Sam VR). One rocket is fired at the player, while the other one is fired at where its AI believes the player is moving to. The rockets are about as fast as rockets fired by the player. In Serious Sam HD, if the player gets too close, they will hit the player with one of their rocket launchers.
In all their appearances, Zumb'uls are mainly encountered alone or in pairs, mostly supporting other enemies. There are a few instances in later levels where several of them can be encountered at the same time. Most Zumb'uls are found guarding entrances or are located in elevated places such as pillars.
Serious Sam 1Edit
- A Zumb'ul's rockets can be jumped over, which is useful for situations where the player doesn't have enough room to dodge the rocket, but can jump over it.
- Zumb'uls are a major problem when dealing with other enemies; their projectiles are large and fast, making them difficult to dodge if the player isn't paying attention. They should be one of the first targets taken out in a group, especially if there are more than one of them at once.
- Zumb'uls in higher places such as rooftops are more dangerous as it is harder to avoid the splash damage of their rocket hitting the ground.
- The RAPTOR Sniper Rifle is particularly useful against the Zumb'ul; one zoomed shot can kill it, making the RAPTOR the best weapon to use against medium or long range Zumb'uls.
- Groups of Zumb'uls can quickly be killed with either the XM214-A Minigun or XPML21 Rocket Launcher, as they both have high rates of fire, allowing them to quickly inflict damage.
- The Thompson submachine gun is fairly effective against a lone Zumb'ul, though it does take a fair amount of ammo to kill one.
- The SBC Cannon is very useful if Zumb'uls are lined up so that multiple Zumb'uls can be killed with one cannonball. However, using it on one is a waste of ammo.
Serious Sam VR: The Last HopeEdit
- Dual-wield Laser Pistols, Laser Swords and M29 Infantry Assault Rifles are effective weapons against lone or groups of Zumb'uls.
- In Croatian, "Zumbul" means hyacinth, and "Rasadnik" means a nursery garden. So it actually means a hyacinth from a garden.
- In the original version of The Second Encounter, the colour of the rockets are blue, while in Serious Sam HD, Serious Sam VR and Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope they are red.
- The Zumb'ul is similar to the Mancubus from the Doom series.
- The Zumb'ul is called 'Guffy' in the editor files.
- According to NETRICSA, Zumb'uls suffer from wisdom teeth problems.
Serious Sam VR: The Last HopeEdit
List of appearancesEdit
- Serious Sam: The Second Encounter (First appearance)
- Serious Sam: Xbox (Non-canonical appearance)
- Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
- Serious Sam VR: The Second Encounter
- Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope
- Serious Sam Classics: Revolution (Non-canonical appearance)