The Zorg Mercenary is a common enemy that appears in Serious Sam: The Second Encounter and the Xbox, HD and VR versions.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Zorg Mercenary is a bipedal, skinless lizard-like creature. Its people, the Zorgs, managed to create a large interstellar empire. After conquering more planets than they knew what to do with, they decided to take a very long break on a tropical planet in their system. They sunbathed all day from 10am to 4pm. After the years, these long sessions caused the Zorgs' skin to fall off.
Occurrence[edit | edit source]
Mercenaries are the main lightweight ground troops in The Second Encounter, largely replacing Beheaded Rocketeers. They can be encountered in groups of any size and usually a few Zorg Commanders are found with them.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
The Mercenary's attacks resemble those of Beheaded Rocketeers, with the differences being the Mercenary's gun firing two blasts in quick succession, with twice as much damage and faster projectile speed as the Rocketeer's projectiles. Generally, if one projectile hits a target, the other will almost always as well because of how quickly they are fired. They have no melee attack, even in Serious Sam HD and the VR version.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- A Mercenary's projectiles are easy to dodge; the player can either strafe past them or jump over them if they don't have enough room to strafe past them.
- Lone or small groups of Zorg Mercenaries can be easily dispatched with either the Schofield .45, 12 Gauge Pump-Action Shotgun, or Thompson submachine gun.
- Large groups of Zorg Mercenaries can easily be cut down with the Thompson, XM214-A Minigun, or the XOP Flamethrower in a matter of seconds. If Mercenaries are clustered together, one rocket or grenade can take out the entire group and significantly harm any Mercenaries near it.
- Mercenaries are a minor nuisance when mixed with other enemies. They should not be a priority target when taking out a group of enemies. With rapid-fire weapons, lining up Zorgs with more dangerous enemies mean that they go down as well.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the Second Encounter, the player can select the Mercenary as their multiplayer model under the name Skinless Stan.
- The Zorg Mercenary is called 'Grunt' in the game and editor files.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam: The Second Encounter (First appearance)
- Serious Sam: Xbox (Non-canonical appearance)
- Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
- Serious Sam VR: The Second Encounter
- Serious Sam Classics: Revolution (Non-canonical appearance)