The Zorg Commander is a bipedal, skinless lizard-like creature. Unlike Zorg Mercenaries, Commanders have some skin left, which is the reason why they were promoted to commanders. They're equipped with a shotgun-like energy weapon as opposed to the weak two-shot burst guns used by the Zorg grunts, and have slightly more health.
Unlike the Zorg Mercenary, the Zorg Commander fires a burst of laser beams from its gun, which deal more damage than that of the Mercenary's gun.
Like the Zorg Mercenary, the Commander does not have a melee attack, and will shoot at the player even at point-blank range.
These laser beams spread out from the center of the gun to create a 110 degree angle spread. This is very similar to the Beheaded Firecracker's attack, but the shots fired by a Commander do not hug the floor, do over twice as much damage, and are much faster.
- Like projectiles fired by the Firecracker, the Commander's projectiles can be jumped over. This is very useful if the player can't dodge the beams in time, but has enough room to jump over the blasts.
- Zorg Commanders almost always appear in small groups accompanied by mercenaries, so the player should use either use the Thompson submachine gun or the 12 Gauge Pump-Action Shotgun to dispose of them quickly. Large groups can also be taken care of with the Thompson with ease.
- Attempting to melee a Commander is not a good idea because if the player gets close to the Commander and the Commander fires, all of the blasts will hit the player at once, causing major damage.
- If possible, the player should try to get a few Mercenaries around a commander then launch a rocket at the Commander to kill it and several Mercenaries at once.
- With other enemies, the Commander can drain the player's health if the player is too focused on killing other enemies. Like the Beheaded Firecracker, the player should quickly kill the Commander whenever they have a chance.
- The player can select the Commander as their multiplayer model with three variations: Commander Cliff, Karate Ken, and Vegetable Vaughn.
- The gun used by the Zorg Commander in Serious Sam HD bears a resemblance to the Beheaded Rocketeer's gun in Serious Sam 3: BFE.
List of appearancesEdit
- Serious Sam: The Second Encounter (First appearance)
- Serious Sam: Xbox (Non-canonical appearance)
- Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
- Serious Sam Classics: Revolution (Non-canonical appearance)
- Serious Sam VR: The Second Encounter