The Zombie Stockbroker is an enemy that appears in Serious Sam 2.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Zombie Stockbroker is a humanoid alien creature with grey skin dressed in a dirty torn suit that wields a shotgun. They were originally alive, but due to a shortage of Mental's favorite meal, stocks went down on all planets in the galaxy, resulting in the stockbrokers committing suicide. Since then, their ghosts have wandered around the universe in hope of finding eternal peace. Mental was so angry at his loss that he raised them from the dead, equipped them with malfunctioned shotguns and recruited them into his legions so they could pay their debts to him.
Attacks and stats[edit | edit source]
The Zombie Stockbroker has only two attacks; firing their shotgun, and kicking the player if they get too close. The shotgun has a fairly tight spread, which makes it powerful, even at long range.
Like a few other enemies in the game, the Zombie Stockbroker will regenerate its health if it is not killed properly. If the Stockbroker has taken sufficient damage, it will fall to the ground and then wake up after a few seconds.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- The best way to deal with a Zombie Stockbroker is to stay far away from it. A blast from his shotgun at short range can inflict major damage, especially on higher difficulties. However, being far away from the Stockbroker still doesn't mean his shotgun can't hurt the player. Even at long range, one or two pellets will manage to hit them. This can be very dangerous with groups of Stockbrokers, as they can quickly chip off the player's health, especially on higher difficulty levels.
- When paired with other enemies, Zombie Stockbrokers are a high-priority threat, especially at low health as their pellets cannot typically be avoided.
- The XPML30 Rocket Launcher works best against them. One rocket will kill him and the Stockbroker will make no attempt at dodging it.
- Groups of Stockbrokers can be taken out with either the Uzi or the rocket launcher. With the uzi, the player needs to make sure cover is nearby so the player can pop in and out of it so that they don't get hit by multiple shotgun blasts, and with the rocket launcher, the player should fire a rocket at a target, then immediately switch to another target and fire while the first rocket is still in the air.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The Zombie Stockbroker had a different model in the beta with a fedora and black shades.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The shotgun used by Zombie Stockbrokers can be seen used by the bodyguards escorting Serious Sam during the cutscene after beating the Castle of Rock.
- Stockbrokers seem to have been Italian, as when spotting and/or addressing Sam, they'll shout "Bastardo!" o"Maledetto!" or "Sei mio!" ("Bastard!", "Curse you!", "You're mine!"). When you kill them, you might hear them screaming "mamma mia!".
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Pre-release[edit | edit source]
Retail[edit | edit source]
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam 2 (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)