The XPML4000 Rocket Launcher is a type of rocket launcher that appears in Serious Sam: Next Encounter.
The XPML4000 is the latest rocket launcher in Shofield's hugely successful line. This model combines a lightweight design with a highly reliable delivery mechanism. Along with the latest telemetry and guidance systems, this is a weapon that will turn even the most battle hardened adversary into a quivering wreck. The XPML4000 holds four rockets at once, but fires them one at a time. It has a medium rate of fire, but each rocket takes some time to travel to its target, which can be crippling when using it on long-range targets.
Unlike other rocket launchers, the XPML4000 can accept two other types of rockets besides the usual Inferno rockets; heat-seeking and sonic rockets. The player can cycle between rocket types with the use key.
- Standard warheads fly straight in the direction fired. The blast radius on impact is fairly small, however it is not a good idea to fire Standard Warheads in close range skirmishes.
- Heat-seeking rockets use onboard infrared sensors to guide themselves toward the nearest target. They have the same blast radius as standard rockets, so the same advisory applies when in close range.
- Sonic rockets produce a massive sound wave at the point of impact, causing a huge shock wave which can actually shake apart the constituent molecules of an enemy.
- The XPML4000 is an excellent “all-around” weapon, as it can kill enemies with a medium amount of health with one or two rockets, and can down anything except bosses with a barrage of up to seven rockets, depending on the enemy.
- A clustered group of weak enemies can be taken down with ease with one rocket thanks to the rocket's splash damage.
- Do not use the XPML4000 in close-quarters. It's large splash damage can significantly damage or even kill the player if they are near where the rocket explodes.
- It is advisable to only fire sonic rockets at long range targets, otherwise the user can catch themselves in the blast with nasty consequences.
- The rocket's somewhat-slow traveling speed makes it ineffective against moving targets that are far away from the player. It is likely that the target will walk away from the rocket's path while the rocket is in the air.
- Heat-seeking rockets will always lock onto the enemy closest to the player, so the player should make sure to clear out any cannon-fodder enemies approaching them before using the Heat-Seeking rockets.
- The XPML4000's model is a lower-resolution version of the XPML21 Rocket Launcher's Xbox model with a different rocket texture.
List of appearancesEdit
- Serious Sam: Next Encounter (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)