The XOP Gas Gun is a flamethrower that appears in Serious Sam: Next Encounter.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The XOP Gas Gun was presumably designed by the same group that made the XOP Flamethrower. It sprays a pillar of fire when the fire key is held down. These flames can set enemies on fire, damaging them over a long period of time. However, the flame itself has a short range, making it ineffective past short range.
In addition to napalm, the Gas Gun can also use liquid nitrogen and laughing gas canisters. Liquid nitrogen will freeze an enemy upon contact, though it is not particularly effective against larger targets. Laughing gas paralyzes the target, and forces them to laugh until they are met with brain death.
Loading the relevant canisters allows the XOP Gas Gun to deliver three very different packages:
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- The Gas Gun is very useful against weak enemies, such as the Beheaded-type enemies and Dum-Dums.
- The weapon's short range makes it dangerous to use against Beheaded Kamikaze's. The XOP's maximum range is enough room for a Kamikaze's explosion to harm the player.
- The Gas Gun is too weak to be used against medium or greater strength enemies.
- The flames from the Gas Gun can make it difficult for the player to see if the screen is flooded with fire, so make sure to occasionally stop firing for a second to see where you're at if it is being used for a long amount of time.
- It is an excellent way to conserve bullets for the XM4000 Minigun. It can destroy hordes of weak enemies with ease, but doesn't chew through bullets like the Shofield Uzi Pistols do.
- The liquid nitrogen ammo is the same as regular napalm, but freezes enemies when the enemy is killed.
- The laughing gas seems to do the same amount of damage that regular Napalm does, but stuns enemies if they are hit with the gas, making it useful for making large enemy groups more manageable while you spray them with it.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam: Next Encounter (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)