The Vertigo is an enemy that appears in Serious Sam: Tormental.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Vertigo is a red creature with one eye, and has two mouths on its sides.
They are rare enemies, only appearing in the Tomb stage.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
The Vertigo's only attack consists of spinning around and firing three projectiles from its two mouths. It can't move and thus always attacks in the same location.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- The Vertigo's projectiles can be avoided by hiding behind cover.
- Despite its large amount of health, the Vertigo is rather easy to kill. The Pistol can deplete its health quickly and the player can avoid its projectiles by strafing.
- Like other large enemies encountered in the game, Vertigos will receive a yellow outline on their body when their health becomes too low. The player can dash into them when they have a yellow outline on their body, which kills them instantly and spawns some pickups.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name of this enemy is based on a condition where a person has the sensation of moving or of surrounding objects moving when they are not. It often feels like a spinning or swaying movement.
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam: Tormental (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)