This is getting serious!
This article contains some serious spoilers. Read at your own risk!
Plot[edit | edit source]
Sam's helicopter is shot down by a Major Bio-mechanoid for the second time due to the pilot's lack of attention, once again neglecting to buckle himself in. He lands in the middle of the desert without weapons or a working transmitter, and has to find his way back to what's left of civilization.
Secrets[edit | edit source]
- At the start of the level — the area where you find a Sledgehammer, immediately to the left (north) is a small ruined temple with some armor. From there go — as in sprint — directly west to a fallen column (easier to see when sandstorm clears) behind that column is a Double Barrel Coach Gun.
- Sniper rounds are hidden in the first temple ruin with the armor and sledgehammer resting to the right of the entrance with many Hatchling Arachnoids and with weapons in the center. To find it, first go to the center of the ruin and then walk back out the way you came while looking to the upper left of the of the giant temple wall. The pickup is sitting on a destructible box.
- After the oasis — there is a big buried building you walk around with two jutting obelisks just before the sunken temple with all the holes in the desert sand. Tucked under the other side of the central area of the building is some minigun bullets between said obelisks.
- Before the temple — there are two ruined walls lined with columns. On the wall to the right is a helmet. Walk to the end of the wall, jump up, and walk back to collect the armor.
- If you're walking into the temple through the big main entrance from the previous area, you'll see a box of infinite C-4 explosives on your left just before another big passage. On the inside of this passage to your right is a round button. When you press it, the message, "secret cannon deployed" will appear. Then backtrack a bit so that you can again see the C-4 box on your left and you're able to see the top area of the passage that had the button — you will see a square box at the top of the temple. When you shoot it, the cannon will fall to the ground.
Known ways to break out of the map[edit | edit source]
- At the temple in before the mountains, you can run around to the right and get up on the mountains. For the first part the Sandwhale will constantly surface around Sam, but not actually attack. Once you're on the mountains it is safe, and you can walk straight off the map — which teleports you back into the temple. You can also run straight to the exit.