Test 2 is the second public-technology test for Serious Sam: The First Encounter. It was developed by Croteam and released on December 15, 2000. It was made to test various graphic cards and multiplayer functions of the game.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
Most of the weapons are similar or identical to their final counterparts, with minor differences.
- XL2 Lasergun- While not accessible in the levels, some of its files are within the gro, as mentioned above. The firing sound is the same as the final version's, but the texture of both the weapon and its projectile were different.
- XOP Flamethrower - Its projectile and HUD icon are located within the gro, but it does not appear in the game.
- XL4-P 'Ghostbuster' Beam Gun - Few model and texture assets for this weapon are within the gro file, but like the Lasergun and Flamethrower it does not appear in the game.
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Like the weapons, most enemies are nearly identical to their final counterparts.
- Beheaded Soldiers - They use Test 1 sounds, but other than that they are similar to their final counterparts.
- Major Bio-mechanoid - Uses different firing sound effects.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Natively, there are no cheat codes for this version, but you can achieve the same effect by editing the entries of the Game_Startup.scr file under the 'Scripts' folder.
- There is no Mental difficulty, but all the other difficulty levels from the final version exist in this demo.