Levels[edit | edit source]
The only level is Karnak Demo, which seems to be like in the final version but has many differences, textures, secret positions, etc. NETRICSA also says that the part of Karnak the player's currently in is "The First Pylon", one part of the Karnak temple complex from four (in the original beta, Karnak was split into 5 parts). The following parts were the Amon Complex, The Sacred Lake and Main Temple of Amon-Ra. Also, there was supposed a futuristic level, but it was cut; this would explain the other lights, textures, models which were not used in Test 1, also two ammo models which were not used in Test 1 - Grenades and Electricity which were supposed for 2 scrapped weapons, the Pipebomb and the XL4-P 'Ghostbuster' Beam Gun, the files of which were in the game. Also, in the Test 1 files, you can find the Nukeball ammo for the cannon, as seen in the level picture, so it seems that the SBC Cannon was supposed to be in Test 1, which makes Test 1 definitely a bigger preview than the final release of it.
Development[edit | edit source]
It seems that Test 1 had few development phases, as there were supposed to be two scrapped weapons and one of the futuristic levels cut from the final game, from the Sky City part of the game, there were many left overs from those cut parts, it seems that the level was cut few months before the release of Test 1, as there are no NETRICSA messages about it (maybe it was even before Nettie). In the first NETRICSA messages there is an Obelisk on the screen and models from beheaded zombies from earlier builds, the obelisk doesn't exist on the map but if you die close to the wall you can see the obelisk below the floor and few lakes, and other content cut from Test 1. Interestingly enough, the player model in Test 1 had "COOL" written on their hand gloves, like in the earlier builds of the game, but in FPS view the gloves are like in the final version. According to the only picture from Test 1 (bit earlier) time, of the scrapped level, it would be the level from the split-screen picture, there were the Ghost Buster and Pipebomb, and you can see the nukeball ammo which the SBC Cannon used.
Differences[edit | edit source]
- Different textures for doors.
- Adult Arachnoids had a very different model.
- The Beheaded Rocketeer's weapon was different.
- Beheaded Firecrackers carried a chainsaw, like they do in Serious Sam HD.
- Beheaded Soldiers had a different sound set.
- The Military Knife could slice faster than usual, but dealt lower damage.
- Different sounds for the: Schofield .45, 12 Gauge Pump-Action Shotgun, Double Barrel Coach Shotgun, XPML21 Rocket Launcher and the XM214-A Minigun. The Schofield .45's reloading sound is the same.
- Scrapped weapons could be seen in the controls options menu.
- The spawning system was different; enemies spawn in mid-air and stay there for a while with no different animations and then they drop down and start acting.
- Four difficulties: Easy, Normal, Hard and Serious.
- Easy difficulty was like an easy Normal difficulty, self damage is on and ammo and health are at 100%, unlike in the original game where they are at 200%.
- Old player sound set.
- The player cannot go into third-person view and cannot jump as high as in the original game.
- The Military Knife deals less damage and has an attack delay.
- The Beheaded Soldiers' NETRICSA messages, in the "Tips" section, do not have an indent ( - ) before the "no known problems" unlike in the original game where they have "- No known problems"
- There is an XM214-A Minigun in the 'Generous Yard' secret.
- Opening NETRICSA does not pause the game while you're reading.
- Different textures on many map parts.
- Different secret positions.
- Different knife animations.
- Different player model and menu options set.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
- 12 Gauge Pump-Action Shotgun
- Double Barrel Coach Gun
- Military Knife
- SBC Cannon
- Schofield .45
- XL4-P 'Ghostbuster' Beam Gun
- XM214-A Minigun
- XPML21 Rocket Launcher
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- Arachnoid (Juvenile variant only)
- Beheaded Bomber
- Beheaded Firecracker
- Beheaded Kamikaze
- Beheaded Rocketeer
- Kleer Skeleton
- Major Bio-mechanoid
- Minor Bio-mechanoid
- Scythian Witch-Harpy
- Sirian Werebull
Gallery[edit | edit source]