This is getting serious!
This article contains some serious spoilers. Read at your own risk!
Temple of Hatshepsut is the first level of Serious Sam 1, Serious Sam: The First Encounter, Serious Sam: Xbox, Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter, Serious Sam VR: The First Encounter, and Serious Sam Classics: Revolution.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Sam arrives at Deir el-Bahari in 1378 B.C. via the Time-Lock at the Temple of Hatshepsut. Sam's first order of business is to get off Earth and head towards Sirius: in order to do this, he must bring the Amon-Ra symbol from Memphis to Thebes. In order to gain access to Thebes however, he must acquire four elements which allow Sam to enter Thebes. The nearest is in the Temple of Thutmose, so Sam must go there.
Secrets[edit | edit source]
- From your starting position, turn right and go towards the hallway. Once you reach it, look right, next to the pillars, there's a second Schofield .45.
- From your starting position, go up the ramp. Then turn right, and jump on the ledge, and walk to the end of the wall, and jump over to the other roof. There's a secret XPML21 Rocket Launcher there.
- Opposite of #2, there's some secret rockets on the other side.
- From the top of the ramp, turn right and go straight until you reach the wall. Then, turn left, and go straight forward, until you reach the wall, again. Then, turn left, and reach the other wall. You'll see part of it is differently colored. Touch it to reveal a secret Double Barrel Coach Gun. If you pick it up, a monster will spawn (a Gnaar, or Kleer Skeleton on higher difficulties.)
- From your starting position, turn around and go down the ramp. When you walk down the ramp, turn right, you'll see a door in the hallway next to the ramp. Touch it to release the "Croteam fans" (Croteam Heads). At the very bottom of the room where the Croteam Heads are, there are some rockets.
- Opposite of #5, but you'll need to shoot that door with the rocket launcher, to release "Croteam". There's some armor and rockets down in the room. The secret #2 is the key to this one.
- From #5 and #6, if you look closely towards the desert, you'll see a tree. Run to it, but when you cross the end of the ramp connected to Hatshepsut, 4 Major Bio-mechanoids will spawn. After you take care of them, go to the tree. There's a secret Super Health, armor and shells there. If you damage or destroy the tree, several Harpies will spawn.
Other[edit | edit source]
- In Serious Sam Classics: Revolution, when you have at least 10 rockets, jump onto the ledge just before secret #3 (left edge of the temple before the rockets). Walk towards the back of the temple until you reach a wall. Circle jump around the wall for an empty platform. At the back of this platform should be some discoloured floor - hit it with 10 rockets and it will break open into an empty pit. Opening the pit unlocks the "There used to be an alligator pit here" achievement.
Related achievements[edit | edit source]
Serious Sam: Classics: Revolution[edit | edit source]
|Forth to the past|
|Complete the first Egypt level.|
|There used to be an alligator pit here|
|Unfortunately, we don’t have the right model for it, so this'll do.|