The static cannon is a medieval cannon that has been altered by Mental after witnessing the incredible power of Sam's cannon. Mental enhanced the cannon with an auto-loading system, radar and ammunition replenisher.
Like the rotating cannon, the static cannon is only found in The Citadel, Land of the Damned, and The Grand Cathedral, though it can be found earlier as a secret in The City of the Gods (funnily enough, entering the hidden doorway to the secret puts you directly in front of the secret cannon. If you don't act fast, you die).
Unlike its rotating counterpart, the static cannon is stationary and does not move. It only fires when someone walks by it.
- The RAPTOR Sniper Rifle can destroy a static cannon in one shot and it can reach a static cannon that's placed at any range thanks to its perfect accuracy. As this is the case, the player should always use the RAPTOR against the static cannon.
- Static cannons should be a high-priority target when facing other enemies because of how much damage its cannonballs can do. Taking it out as soon as possible makes things much easier, as you don't have to worry about being gibbed by a static cannon while fighting other enemies.
- The cannonballs fired by the cannon can be dodged by strafing or sidestepping.
Serious Sam FusionEdit
|Mine's bigger than yours|
|Destroy an enemy cannon with your own cannon.|
- The static cannon has a NETRICSA description in Serious Sam: The Second Encounter, but not in the HD remake of the game. Its description can be found in HD's files, but not when actually playing. Its description was later added in Serious Sam Fusion 2017.
List of appearancesEdit
- Serious Sam: The Second Encounter (First appearance)
- Serious Sam: Xbox (Non-canonical appearance)
- Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
- Serious Sam VR: The Second Encounter