The Serious Submarine is a vehicle that appears in Serious Sam: Next Encounter.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The serious submarine is a small yellow deep sea diving submarine resembling a submersible that has the Serious Sam logo on its front, rear and sides. It is equipped with two machine guns (similar to the XM4000 Minigun), as well as two rocket launchers that fire homing rockets. When it takes a critical mass of damage or runs out of fuel, the submarine will explode. The player cannot exit it at all, and if it's destroyed the level will instantly end regardless how far the player has progressed (like the combine harvester in The Silk Road lost level, though the player can exit the harvester whenever they want).
Occurrence[edit | edit source]
The serious submarine appears at the very end of The Deep City level and approaching it will end the level. If they have earned a gold medal, then they can proceed to the The Geothermal Tunnels lost level, otherwise they will appear in The Guardian Gates instead. The entirety of The Geothermal Tunnels is played in the submarine and as stated above, the player cannot exit the vehicle.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- The submarine's fuel slowly depletes over time and it depletes even faster when moving, so it's advised to end the level quickly before it runs out of fuel.
- The fuel tank can take additional damage from enemies, as well as bumping into scenery, the walls, ceiling and floor. Try not to get hit or bump into anything.
- The machine guns have unlimited ammo and a high rate of fire but do less damage. They are useful for taking out weaker enemies.
- The homing rockets have unlimited ammo like the machine guns, however they have a slower rate of fire though they compensate for this by doing significantly more damage. They are recommended for dealing with stronger enemies.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam: Next Encounter (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)