Serious Sam: The Greek Encounter is an indie sprite-based action-adventure video game developed by Eric Ruth Games and published by Devolver Digital for the PC. The game is part of the Serious Sam indie series.
Characters[edit | edit source]
Weapons[edit | edit source]
- Cannon: a very powerful weapon which fires cannonballs that can demolish everything that stands in their way.
- Chainsaw: melee weapon that can rapidly slash targets at close range.
- Flamethrower: a weapon that can be used at medium and close distances, with very high damage. Enemies falling under the stream of fire will be killed almost immediately.
- Minigun: an automatic weapon with an extremely high rate of fire and damage.
- Lasergun: a weapon with a high rate of fire and extremely high damage.
- Pump-shotgun: has average damage and low rate of fire. Useless at long distances.
- Revolver: the first weapon the player acquires in the game. It has weak damage and a low rate of fire.
- Rocket Launcher: due to the high damage and long-range flight of rockets, this weapon allows you to destroy enemies in all corners of the map. The only drawback is the weapon's low rate of fire.
- Shocker: a powerful electric weapon.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Serious Sam: The Greek Encounter is a top-down shooter based on the 3D Serious Sam games. The player has to fight through hordes of enemies in Greece-themed levels while trying to reach the exit of a level, which is represented by a teleporter. There are 3 stages in the game, each one containing a boss fight in the end.
Unlike other games in the series, the player cannot switch back to the previous weapon they had when picking up a new weapon. So they must plan carefully before picking up a new weapon.
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- Beheaded Kamikaze
- Biotank (Boss)
- Cucurbito the Pumpkin
- Giant (Boss)
- Kleer Skeleton
- Sirian Werebull
- Tyrannosaurus (Boss)