The Serious Bomb is a handheld explosive that is featured in many Serious Sam games. It happens to be the main logo when referring to the Serious Sam series, appearing most famously on Serious Sam's shirt in virtually all of his game appearances.
The Serious Bomb will take a few seconds to warm up, and then it will explode, killing every enemy within a 750 meter (in-game) radius of the player. The Serious Bomb does not have any affect on bosses.
How the player uses it depends on the game; in The Second Encounter, the player simply needs to hit the “0” key to start the timer. In the Serious Sam: Xbox version of Serious Sam 1, Serious Sam 2 and Serious Sam HD, the player must take out the Serious Bomb, then hit the fire key in order to start the countdown.
Serious Bombs are rather uncommon throughout the series, thus they should be used sparingly and only as a last resort if the player is absolutely overwhelmed by enemies. They often appear before a big fight begins so that the player can stand a chance, should they be unable to fight a large horde of enemies at once.
In The Second Encounter, the first Serious Bomb appears in Valley of the Jaguar, while another one can be found behind a house near the 'bloodbath secret' in The City of the Gods. In later levels, Serious Bombs usually appear before a big fight begins.
- Ideally, the Serious Bomb should only be used if the player has to deal with too many enemies and has too little health/ammo to counter them without reloading saves many times. However, experienced players may use it to quickly kill any group of enemies even when not really necessary, if their Serious Bomb capacity is full and they know there's another serious bomb coming up soon - letting it just go would be a big loss because of how rare they are.
- The Serious Bomb is also useful against hordes of large enemies, such as Kleer Skeletons or large Spider Mechanoids. This makes hordes of strong enemies extremely easy to deal with, which is very useful no matter how much health/armor/ammo the player has.
- With the Xbox/Serious Sam 2 version of the Serious Bomb, the player should make sure they're in a somewhat safe position before they take out the serious bomb, as they'll be vulnerable for several seconds while the bomb's countdown animation is active.
- In tremendously wide areas, the Serious Bomb may actually not be able to kill every single enemy in the area. One example is boss fight against Kukulkán, where depending on the player's position, the Fiendian Reptiloid Demons perched atop corners of the surrounding walls may not be killed by the bomb if they're too far away.
|Make it count|
|Kill at least 30 enemies with a single Serious Bomb.|
|One Order of Dead Enemies|
|Detonate a serious bomb|
Serious Sam 1Edit
Serious Sam: Next EncounterEdit
Serious Sam 2Edit
List of appearancesEdit
- Serious Sam: The Second Encounter (First appearance)
- Serious Sam: Xbox (Non-canonical appearance)
- Serious Sam: Next Encounter (Non-canonical appearance)
- Serious Sam 2 (Non-canonical appearance)
- Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
- Serious Sam Classics: Revolution (Non-canonical appearance)
- Serious Sam VR: The Second Encounter
- Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope