The Scrap Cannon is a weapon that appears in Serious Sam's Bogus Detour.
Overview[edit | edit source]
TD-Tech developed the Series 7 to deliver extreme burn damage to its target, without burning out the weapon itself. It became very popular in Tournament play because of its raw power and visceral impact.
The scrap cannon fires a moderate spread of scrap when the player presses the fire key. The projectiles deal a small amount of damage, but also sets the target on fire. The weapon can deal a moderate amount of damage if all of the projectiles hit the target.
Occurrence[edit | edit source]
The scrap cannon can be only obtained in custom maps, as it doesn't appear in any of the levels of the original campaign. It still can be obtained in the Halls of Time multiplayer level and the Survival level Desert Strike.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- The scrap cannon is useful for clearing out groups of weak enemies, such as Gnaars, Kleers, and Orc Troopers. Its spread can hit several targets at once and set them on fire, which can be useful for draining their health.
- The weapon is also effective against medium-strength enemies, such as Orc Butchers and Minor Bio-mechanoids, provided that all of the projectiles hit the target.
- The scrap cannon is not recommended for stronger enemies, such as Orc Captains, Scrapjacks and Major Bio-mechanoids, as they can take a lot of damage from the weapon before being killed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- According to one of the developers, the Scrap Cannon was removed from the original campaign because there were 'too many weapons'.
- The Scrap Cannon is similar to the Flak Cannon from the Unreal series.
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam's Bogus Detour (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)