The Reeban Electro-Fish is an aquatic enemy in the Serious Sam series.
The Reeban Electro-Fish is an aquatic piranha-like creature from the planet Reeb. On their planet, they are most likely aggressive predators, where they prey on smaller underwater species. They have an effective camouflage which helps to conceal themselves whilst underwater. This way, they can attack and disorient their target with electrical attacks.
As their electric attacks disorient their targets upon contact, this makes the Electro-Fish very dangerous in groups, as a constant barrage of the electric shocks will constantly disorient the player's vision, making it difficult for the player to fight back without losing a lot of health and/or armor, especially on higher difficulties.
They are not as common as other enemies, only appearing wherever there is water, though they are common in the Sewers level, where a big Electro-Fish also appears. Large Electro-Fish also appear in the secret yard of strange heads in The Second Encounter as a secret.
When an Electro-Fish spots a target, it fires a bolt of electricity from the light attached to its head. The bolt will disorient the enemy upon contact, making it somewhat hard to hit the Electro-Fish for a second or two.
- Electro-Fishes can attack the player even if they are on the ground, if the player is very close to an Electro-Fish.
- If an Electro-Fish is out of water and stays on the ground for too long, it will eventually die.
- Both individuals and groups of Electro-Fish can easily be taken out with the M1A2 Thompson. Its good rate of fire allows the player to quickly eliminate them without wasting ammo.
- Single Electro-Fish can be taken out with the 12 Gauge Pump-Action Shotgun with ease. It usually takes about one or two shots to kill an Electro-Fish with it.
- If a few Electro-Fishes are grouped together, a rocket or grenade can eliminate the entire group in one hit.
- The XOP Flamethrower must not be used since the fish are encountered in water and the flamethrower would obviously be ineffective.
A fan-made YouTube video shows an earlier design of the fish sporting a much paler, almost completely white color pallet.
Serious Sam 1Edit
Serious Sam: The Random EncounterEdit
List of appearancesEdit
- Serious Sam 1 (First appearance)
- Serious Sam HD
- Serious Sam: The Random Encounter (Non-canonical appearance)
- Serious Sam VR
- Serious Sam: Xbox