The Primitive is an enemy that appears in Serious Sam 2.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Primitives are a humanoid species native the planet M'Digbo, lead by the mysterious “Mom”. They signed a pact with Mental to serve as brute force soldiers in exchange for endless amounts of leopard-pattern g-strings. Most are equipped with shields, which can be shot off by firing at them enough.
The Primitive comes in two sizes; regular and large. Regular ones have shields, while large ones have much more health and don't have a shield. However, they both have their spiked clubs, and the large ones are less common than the regular ones.
Occurrence[edit | edit source]
Attacks[edit | edit source]
The Primitives' primary attack is to get close to an enemy and hit them with their spiked club. They can also charge or perform a kick that does a bit more damage.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- The RB-45 Hand Grenade works great against Primitives, as it can easily slip under their shield and cause major damage if it makes a direct impact.
- The Double Shotgun is effective against Primitives, but the player should try to get the shield knocked off with an Auto Shotgun blast before attacking with the double shotgun, as there's less time between auto shotgun blasts and it uses only one shell.
- Groups of Primitives can be dealt with by using the XPML30 Rocket Launcher. Two rockets should be fired at each Primitive; one to take out the shield, the other to kill the Primitive. The rocket launcher's fast rate of fire allows the player to quickly eliminate the Primitives.
- If the player doesn't have a rocket launcher, the double shotgun also works against a group of Primitives, but the player should make sure they have enough room to retreat, as Primitives can catch up during the gun's reload time.
- Large Primitives should be dealt with by using the rocket launcher. The large Primitive is big enough that the player can easily hit it and its rate of fire allows the player to quickly get off multiple shots.
- The SBC Cannon is also useful against large Primitives, as one fully charged shot will kill a large Primitive instantly.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The bottoms of their shields feature text that reads 'Made in Chi Fang.'
- The Orcs in Serious Sam's Bogus Detour make the Primitive's sounds, although they have a varying pitch.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam 2 (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)