The Plasma Cannon is a stationary artillery weapon that appears in Serious Sam 2.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The plasma cannon is a large mechanical device with a purple half of an orb in front of it and a satellite dish on top of it. As the name implies, it fires balls of plasma at its targets.
Occurrence[edit | edit source]
The turret is usually either placed on the ground or above the target on a nearby roof.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
When a target reaches its range, the plasma cannon will look up, fire a ball of plasma, then go down and repeat the process. The plasma ball behaves much like a mortar; it will fly up, and then go down and try to strike the target. When it hits the ground, it will explode, damaging anyone near the explosion.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- The RAPTOR Sniper Rifle works very well against the plasma cannon. A scoped shot or two will kill it.
- Because they are immobile, the XPML30 Rocket Launcher works well against them. Fire a few rockets at the plasma cannon, and the rockets will take care of it while the player switches weapons and fights off other enemies.
- The plasma cannon's attack can easily be dodged by strafing in a direction. This allows the player to avoid it's main attack and the splash damage from it exploding.
- It is a more dangerous if the player is in a tight area, as the player has less room to avoid its projectiles, and the lack of room makes it likely the player will be harmed by its explosion damage.
- Its priority of a threat when mixed with other enemies depends on the area the player is in. If in a large area, the plasma cannon is of a little threat to the player, as the player has more than enough room to avoid it's projectiles. However, if in a tight location, the plasma cannon is much more dangerous and should be targeted whenever the player gets a breather from charging enemies like the Kleer Skeleton or Orc Footballer.
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam 2 (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)