This is getting serious!
This article contains some serious spoilers. Read at your own risk!
Overview[edit | edit source]
The PRIME-209 is a large quadruped machine built by the Mental-Altani corporation for use in their Mech Replacement Program. PRIME-209 was first used down in the mines of the planet Orazio, where the radiation and magnetic fields were too powerful for standard machines. While very tolerable of energy and electrical damage, a flaw in manufacturing made some parts of the mech corrode more quickly than others from various forms of acid - something that was never corrected, due to the fact that it would be very expensive, as well as that this unit was never designed to work in an acid-laced environment.
Some of these units were later refitted during the program. The mining equipment was replaced, and was fitted with a rocket launcher and a burst-fire laser cannon. Having been made to work near energy fields, it was the perfect weapon to use for offensive electronic warfare.
During the fight once the mech has taken enough damage, Orc Scientists will teleport in to start repairing the mech. During this phase, the player will be unable to damage the mech unless they kill all the scientists. The scientists will keep appearing until both the PRIME and Tech-X have been destroyed.
Weaponry[edit | edit source]
The PRIME is fitted with a laser cannon and rocket launcher attached to its arms. There are also two canisters on the back of the mech that can launch a huge electromagnetic pulse that can damage the opponent, disable their weapons and reduce movement speed.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- Make sure the EMP blasts don't hit you, because they will disable your weapons and slow you down, leaving you vulnerable to its attacks.
- The Erasergun, SBC Cannon, XPML21 Rocket Launcher are recommended weapons for using against this boss.
- The Shaft can drain the PRIME's health quickly, as it is metal-based, but it also uses up a lot of the weapon's ammunition.
- Watch out for any stray rockets fired by the PRIME.
- Take out any Orc Scientists as soon as they spawn to prevent them from reparing the mech.
Related achievements[edit | edit source]
|Robots:A Tale of Two Robots|
|Defeat Prime-209 & Tech-X.|
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam's Bogus Detour (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)