The Orc Trooper is an enemy featured in Serious Sam's Bogus Detour.
Orc Troopers are the most commonly encountered Orc troops. They appear from the first level all the way to the final level. They are usually encountered in small groups and are sometimes seen with Orc Captains. They are also often found in Orc bases, usually coming out of the doors after the alarm has been set off.
The Orc Trooper's only attack is to fire a weak and slow laser beam from their blaster rifle (though if the projectile hits, it will actually do four times more damage than a single laser fired by a Minor Bio-mechanoid, which can be dangerous if multiple of them hit the player at once).
On Hard and Serious difficulties, the Trooper will sometimes shoot the beam at the direction they believe the player is going into, which can make groups even more dangerous.
- Whole a single Orc is not a much of a threat, but they can become dangerous in large groups.
- Avoid the Orc Trooper's laser beams when engaging them by strafing or dashing left or right.
- Lone or small groups of Troopers can be taken out with the Pistols and Shotgun. The Pistols can kill each one of the Troopers quickly, while the Shotgun can kill a Trooper in one hit at close range.
- The Thompson submachine gun and XOP Flamethrower are effective against medium to large groups of Troopers, due to their high rate of fire and damage. Using other rapid-fire weapons is considered a waste of ammo.
- The Sledgehammer can also be used against Troopers, provided that the player is quick enough to dodge their beams in time.
- When faced with an Orc Captain, eliminate any Troopers before engaging him.
- When paired with other enemies, the Trooper is a low-priority threat because their projectiles are easy to avoid, and their health is low that they most likely get killed while the player is shooting other enemies.
List of appearancesEdit
- Serious Sam's Bogus Detour (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)