The Orc Sniper is an enemy featured in Serious Sam's Bogus Detour.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Orc Snipers are soldiers wearing ghillie suits equipped with a high-speed sniper rifle. They have been trained by Mental-Altani in precision shooting and expert camouflaging, which makes them difficult to see until the player gets close to a Sniper.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
The Sniper's only attack is to fire at the player with their sniper rifle. Once the player is in position, a red laser sight can be seen emitted from the sniper rifle. The Orc will then fire once it gets a clear shot. His rifle has a slow rate of fire, and there is a slight delay before they fire it again. The rifle is, however, very accurate and can deal a lot of damage, making snipers dangerous opponents for inexperienced players or on higher difficulty settings.
Like other Orc enemies, Snipers have no melee attack, even at close range.
Occurrence[edit | edit source]
Orc Snipers first appear in Trouble in Troy, then appear as somewhat common enemy afterwards. Most of them appear alone, though there are a few occasions where they appear in groups. They usually serve as support units to distract the player from attacking other enemies. They also sometimes appear in minefields to distract the player from avoiding the mines.
They don't appear on the Moon base levels, unlike many other Orc troops.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- The player should Listen for the Sniper's scope sound and keep moving once they see their laser sight - follow the beam to find the Sniper.
- Snipers have a slight delay before they fire, thus their bullets can be avoided by continuously strafing or dashing left or right.
- As they have quite low health, the Pistols, Shotgun and Thompson submachine gun can dispatch Snipers quickly.
- The Sledgehammer can also be used against Snipers, provided that the player is too close to them and is fast enough to avoid their bullets.
- Orc Snipers aren't revealed when behind structures unless they are revealed, which can make them difficult to detect.
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam's Bogus Detour (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)