The Orc Assassin is a special variant of Orc soldier that appears in Serious Sam's Bogus Detour.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Orc Assassins are elite soldiers that were hand-picked to carry out cover-ops behind enemy lines and support other troops in guarding high priority locations and structures, such as the Mental-Altani Moon base. Fitted with nearly state-of-the-art technology, Orc Assassins can become almost completely invisible when moving. The only time they can be seen clearly is when they are forced to reveal themselves in order to take aim and fire.
Occurrence[edit | edit source]
Compared to other Orc soldiers, Orc Assassins are much rarer, only appearing on the Moon base levels. They often appear in secrets.
Attacks and stats[edit | edit source]
The Assassin is rendered almost completely invisible thanks to his stealth technology, making them difficult to find. Only the red eyes from their mask give away their presence.
When the Assassin notices the target, he will close in on them and make himself visible once he fires. The damage from their pistols is weak, but it can poison the player and reverse their controls, preventing them from being able to move properly for a short amount of time.
Once the Assassin has been killed, he will release an EMP blast that can damage the player and disable their weapons for a few seconds.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- As the Assassin has low health, the Pistols, Shotgun and Thompson submachine gun work great against them.
- Do not get too close to an Assassin after killing one, as they will release an EMP blast when killed, which deals moderate damage and prevents the player from being able to use their weapons for a period of time.
- Orc Assassins should be high-priority targets when paired with other enemies, as their invisibility while moving can make it difficult to see them, and the confusion and poison effect from their pistols will likely cause the player to shoot into wrong directions rather than the direction other enemies are in. Therefore, the player should kill the Assassin whenever they have a chance.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- NETRICSA says that Orc Assassins use Yautjian techonlogy, which was found by Orc geologists in a cave. This is a reference to the Predator movie franchise.
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam's Bogus Detour (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)