Mumbo Jumbo is an enemy that appears in I Hate Running Backwards.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Mumbo Jumbo is a shaman that serves as a support for other enemies. Like the Ulgump, they are not tied to certain environments, but instead, they spawn very rarely with a chance of doing so in every environment.
Attacks and stats[edit | edit source]
Mumbo Jumbo has two different attacks. His first attack is a "promote" ability; Mumbo Jumbo casts a spell towards his fellow allies in a specific radius, and the affected allies all get an upgrade towards their next tier. His second attack is an energy projectile which Mumbo Jumbo will cast directly at the closest player. The projectile can't be defected and will pierce through all obstacles in his path, including fellow allies, which are not damaged by the projectile.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- Mumbo Jumbo should be dealt with as soon as the player is able, because it can dramatically increase the difficulty of many of the other enemies on screen. Unfortunately, Mumbo Jumbo is also the most durable of all the enemies in the game, outranking even Cucurbito the Pumpkin.
- A lot of concentrated fire is needed to kill the Mumbo Jumbo, even with Serious Damage, it will take quite a few shots, especially considering the many enemies that can block the projectile path between the player and Mumbo Jumbo.
- A quick but unprofitable way to get rid of Mumbo is to knock him off the screen with the Hammer attack, although this will not yield any Mojo. However, it is often necessary to take care of Mumbo in a swift fashion.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mumbo jumbo is a phrase used to describe meaningless language or gibberish.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- I Hate Running Backwards (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)