The Monkey Zombie is an enemy that appears in Serious Sam: Next Encounter.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Monkey Zombies were originally ordinary monkeys trained to serve as entertainment. However, Mental obtained and brainwashed them, and then he re-purposed them to become members of his army. Because of their skills, Monkeys appear by climbing on the wall in order to ambush their target. They are usually deployed in large numbers in order to overwhelm their enemy.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
The Monkey only has a melee attack with its knives. It can use it either if it the target is next to the Monkey if by swinging its knives downward while lunging at something.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- Much like Kleer Knights, Monkeys will only be able to harm you while jumping if they manage to play their “knives downward” animation while in the air. This gives the player an extra second or two to either avoid or kill them before they can hurt the player while lunging.
- Groups of Monkeys are harmless as long as the player keeps strafing, preferably in a circular motion.
- One or two Monkeys can be defeated with the Shofield Desert Hawk. They are weak enough that it can kill them in a few shots and it saves ammo for weapons like the Shofield Uzi Pistols and the Double-Barrel Shotgun.
- Large groups of Monkeys can be defeated with any automatic weapon, such as the Shofield Uzi Pistols, the XOP Gas Gun, or the XM4000 Minigun. Their health is low enough that they can be cut down in seconds, no matter what weapon is used.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam: Next Encounter (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)