The Methug Soldier is an enemy that appears in Serious Sam Advance. They are large, green creatures with a robotic head that has a large red eye.
Attacks and stats[edit | edit source]
The Methug Soldier has two attacks; fire a green projectile, or its noxious skin will damage the player if they get right next to it. It hovers slightly above the ground thanks to its worthless legs.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- The Methug Soldier's projectile can be dodged by simply strafing in one direction.
- There is a noticeable delay between shots, which gives the player plenty of time to kill it while it's waiting between shots.
- The Schofield Pistol is a good weapon to use against lone Methug Soldiers to save ammunition. The Chainsaw is not recommended to use against them because it deals little damage per second, allowing the Methug Soldier to do significant damage before the chainsaw kills it.
- The Double Barrel Coach Gun works well against one or two Methug Soldiers, as 1-2 shots, depending on the difficulty, will kill one.
- The Thompson submachine gun, minigun or the rocket launcher are very effective against multiple Methug Soldiers. The rapid-fire weapons can easily cut them down, while the explosion from one or two rockets can kill multiple Methug Soldiers.
- When paired with other enemies, the Methug Soldier is a medium-priority threat. Its projectiles don't do a lot of damage per hit, but they do give the player less room to dodge other projectiles. Killing Methug Soldiers if there are stronger enemies nearby, such as the Aludran Reptiloid puts the player in unneeded danger.
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam Advance (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)