Mental's Horde is the name given to the forces that are controlled by Mental. They are incalculable in number and very dangerous, capable of overrunning every planet they attack. However, they generally lack tactics and often just charge into enemy lines of fire, meaning they lose enormous casualties in the process. This does not appear to obstruct them, however.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Mental's armies on Earth
- 3 Technology
- 4 Forces
- 5 Trivia
Overview[edit | edit source]
Mental's Horde is an extremely large army that consists of an unknown number of various species, most likely in the many thousands, which is possibly why Mental always manages to defeat any species he encounters. He also recruits primitive races in order to bolster his ranks; he has created agreements with creatures such as the Aludran Reptiloids, so they can work for them in exchange for magical powers to use on their targets. Mental has even tampered with the evolutionary paths of some creatures so he can mold them into troops for his purpose.
Mental is the last of the Hum-Tah, a race of extremely powerful rulers of large, intergalactic empires. His predecessors had peacefully and wisely ruled the empires, but Mental was different. For some reason, he became dedicated to wiping out all intelligent life. He destroyed the empires, then disappeared for thousands of years. In between these cycles of war, he would lie dormant and deactivate his forces, leaving some behind to detect any sign of intelligent life. When he detected them, he would awaken and activate his forces.
He uses several methods to coerce races into working with him. In the case of the Aludran Reptiliods, he offered them magical combat abilities. In other cases, such as the Zorgs, he simply paid for massive amounts of disposable troops. This isn't to say that Mental has no intelligent creatures working with and for him, however. Ugh-Zan III and Ugh-Zan IV appear to be intelligent enough to be considered as Generals in Mental's army, and Mordekai the Summoner was able to properly use and research magic.
Teleportation[edit | edit source]
Other than deploying troops onto planets such as Earth with the use of Alcor Class Warships, Mental is able to teleport his forces directly to any desired location, whether it be in Cairo, on an island, or deep underneath the Great Pyramid. Mental will usually teleport and deploy his forces in order to stop Sam whenever he is near his objective.
Not only is Mental capable of teleporting his forces at a specific location, he can also teleport them back onto a warship. An instance of this is when Sam fights a warship in Cairo. After defeating the warship, any troops that survived the battle are immediately teleported back onto the warship.
Genocide[edit | edit source]
As part of his scheme to wipe out intelligent life, Mental and his alien horde stop at nothing short of genocide in order to maintain control.
An instance of this is when Mental discovered the Ellian species, who had came across the remains of the old empires once ruled by the Hum-Tah and pieced together who Mental was. Before they could do anything, Mental returned and destroyed them, then disappeared soon afterwards.
Mental's armies on Earth[edit | edit source]
The Mental War[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Mental War
During the 22nd century, Mental discovered Earth, and, as the planet harbored intelligent life, he deployed hundreds of Alcor Class Warships, each carrying hundreds of thousands of vicious alien creatures, as part of his scheme to wipe out the human race. This lead to a three-year conquest that had driven humanity almost to the point of extinction.
In a last-ditch effort, the world leaders turned to their last chance: the Time-Lock, a recently excavated device supposedly capable of granting a single person the ability of time travel via an inter-dimensional portal. Through it, that person could reach a pivotal point in time and alter events of the past. But as the device laid dormant, they had to first discover a means to activate it.
During the conflict humanity took massive casualties, though the exact number of this is unknown. It's possible that, due to military forces having lost or struggled to fight off against the invaders, the deaths were in the many millions. During the final stages of the war, it's clear that humanity had lost. Most or all of the inhabitants of Cairo had been wiped out by Mental, and it seems that all that was left was a small group of Earth Defense Force soldiers posted somewhat near Cairo. The humans had placed their last hope on the Time Lock, which was something that Mental seemed to be unaware of.
Propaganda[edit | edit source]
Many propaganda posters could be found throughout Cairo and other settlements throughout Egypt, so that Mental's forces assured their influence on Earth and remind its residents of their presence, as well as tempting surviving humans to join their cause. There were two varieties of posters, one features a Beheaded Kamikaze, while the second one showed a Gnaar.
Human killings[edit | edit source]
Mental shows no remorse towards the human race, and sends its alien hordes to eliminate any intelligent life that stands in his way. Of course, the human military forces fought back against the alien invaders and tried to repel their attacks. But, they were no match against Mental's superior technology and the sheer number of his forces, and were eventually overrun by them.
As a result of the heavy casualties that humanity suffered, many cities became abandoned and there were little to no signs of life. Abandoned cars and other vehicles littered the streets, many houses and other buildings had been destroyed or reduced to rubble by the warships' scorcher beams, and the numerous supplies of ammunition and armor, as well as barricades in Cairo indicated that the city had recently become under siege by Mental's forces.
Finishing off humanity[edit | edit source]
During Sam's journey to power up the Time Lock, Mental staged a final attack on the Earth Defense Force's headquarters, completely wiping it out. Now that the last bit of resistance had been taken out, Mental prepared to finish off humanity once and for all, by hurtling the Moon into the Earth. In this timeline, Mental managed to finish off humanity, just like all the other species that encountered him.
Technology[edit | edit source]
Mental utilizes both technology and magic in order to achieve his goals. The diversity can be seen in his army, where he uses cyborgs, executed enemy soldiers raised from the dead, reanimated skeletons of long extinct races, trained war animals, clones, creatures made out of pure magic, robots, mercenaries, or even plain vehicles.
For instance, when Mental found the Aludran Reptiloids, a race of four-armed reptilian creatures from the Aludran system, they agreed to join his army, and in return, gave them magical powers that allows them to conjure homing projectiles from their hands.
To bolster his ranks even further, Mental has gone as far as to tamper with the evolution of certain species, such as the Fiendian Reptiloid Demon. These creatures were once simple, lizard-like organisms from Fiendia Prime, until Mental found them and crossbred as well as mutated them through several generations, until they were reinforced with a titanium skeleton, which increased their endurance, thus making them formidable opponents.
Forces[edit | edit source]
Mental's hordes consists of all kinds of creatures, including cyborgs, soldiers or mercenaries, vehicles, creatures made out of magic, and many more.
Infantry forces[edit | edit source]
The majority of Mental's forces are made up of soldiers or light units. They are often equipped with advanced weaponry, such as laser or plasma rifles and other standard-issue firearms, while some are not very intelligent or organized. Despite this, Mental still decided to train them. Some of Mental's forces are suicidal, charging towards the enemy in the line of fire in order to get close to the target and then explode.
- Arachnomare: Scorpion-like creature that spawns after an Arachnoid dies.
- Atlantean: Fish-like creature armed with a plasma gun. They were originally the inhabitants of Atlantis before Mental invaded it and brainwashed them into serving under his command.
- Bat Arachnoid: Flying type of Arachnoid that chases the target and uses a melee attack.
- Beheaded Bomber: An executed Sirian soldier equipped with inflatable pocket bombs which it uses to toss at targets. The bombs explode on impact. When killed, the Bomber will blow up after a short delay.
- Beheaded Commando:. An highly trained executed Sirian soldier that can launch five bombs at its target with a single throw, and also fire magic missiles from the magic missile launcher installed on its head.
- Beheaded Firecracker:: This variant of Sirian soldier is equipped with a magic missile launcher, which fires a spread of five magic missiles from its weapon.
- Beheaded Kamikaze: An executed Sirian soldier that is controlled by an LCU (Life Control Unit). The head of the Kamikaze has been ruined, therefore, he is employed for suicidal attacks, in the form of fragmentation grenades.
- Beheaded Rocketeer: An executed Sirian soldier that too, like the Beheaded Kamikaze, also has an implanted LCU. They are equipped with cheap, low power magic missile launchers that, while low in firepower, are equipped with a techno-magical ammunition replenisher, which gives them unlimited ammunition.
- Beheaded VaporWave:An executed Sirian soldier that fires several projectiles from its magic missile launchers.
- Black Arachnoid: A scorpion-like creature that explodes into the target.
- Bloater: A creature that behaves similar to the Beheaded Kamikaze, though it is slower and deals more damage upon exploding.
- Bladder Beast: A creature derived from the Methug Commander. It is basically a huge pus bag that “moves” by inflating parts of its body via hydrogen, which makes it move surprisingly fast. Its primary attack is to toss corrosive globs from the poisonous sacks on its neck. If someone gets next to it, it will fully inflate itself and start hitting the target with the poison from its skin.
- Bombhead: A bomb-shaped creature that behaves just like the Beheaded Kamikaze and explodes into their target.
- Bull Soldier: Red demon-like creatures with two rocket launchers attached to their arms. The Bull Soldier wil fire its rockets one at a time, with each rocket aimed at the direction the player is moving. Once both rockets are fired, the Bull Soldier will have a brief “charge-up” period, then fire again.
- Caterfighter: A large, green, helmet-wearing caterpillar-like creature with three sets of arms. Each set of arms has a different weapon.
- Carcinus Lurker: Originally the police of Atlantis, Mental captured them and put in a chip in their brain that would make them only obey him. They attack with a laser beam, which they fire from their eye, and a melee attack for close range combat.
- Chariot Harpy: The Chariot Harpy’s primary attack is to fire an explosive arrow at their target. In addition, they can injure anybody to their sides with the blades on their wheels.
- Centaur: A horse-like creature from the planet Ellenier. They are armed with bows and arrows, and will shoot arrows at the target from long range, or use a melee attack at close range.
- Chimputee: A chimpanzee with its legs replaced with jets, wearing a pair of shades and armed with a grenade launcher and an axe. It fires banana grenades at the target. If they get too close to the Chimputee, it will attack the enemy with its axe.
- Chimputee Battle Master: A much larger and more dangerous variant of the Chimputee that resembles a gorilla.
- Cloned Soldier: A cybernetically modified clone of a human soldier. They are equipped with standard-issue pump-action shotguns, assault rifles and sniper rifles.
- Cyclops: A creature that was mutated in Sirian laboratories. It can fire a projectile, but its melee attack is even more dangerous, as its noxious skin can inflict a lot of damage if it gets close to the target.
- Diablotaur: Originally made by the Romans as a powerful competitor in the Colosseum, the creature has been modified by Mental by replacing its arms with modern weapons and giving it a new skeleton made out of titanium.
- Dib Dib Dum Dum: Once ordinary boy scouts, Mental modified them to serve as scouts for exploring new territory. Their only attack is to swing at the target with a knife.
- Dum-Dum: The Dum-Dum has only one attack, which is to bite the target. It will constantly charge forwards in order to get to their target.
- Femikaze: A large, human woman that holds two bombs, which are strategically placed in order to cover her breasts. They behave much like the normal Beheaded Kamikaze; they will quickly run towards a target while screaming. When she touches the target, she will explode.
- Gnaar: An omnivorous mammal from the planet Sirius. They have one large eye and strong, clawed hands, which use they to attack targets with at close range. Some Gnaars have the ability to levitate or even become invisible. Female gnaars are tougher and faster than males.
- Green Arachnoid: Another variant of Arachnoid. This type will only chase the target and attack with a melee attack.
- Kamikaze Marine Mark II: Originally Sirian soldiers that betrayed their own people in order to work with Mental. As they wanted to serve Mental, he brainwashed them into being loyal soldiers for him.
- Knight: A creature that leaps at its target. They are equipped with shields that they use to protect themselves from attacks.
- Legionarrie Ant: A human-sized ant that wields an energy spear and a shield. Its only attack is to throw energy spears at their enemies.
- Leikung Warrior: Originally a servant of Leikung, the god of thunder, these warriors were eventually absorbed into Mental's army. Their loyalty to Leikung has transferred to Mental, making them very dangerous opponents.
- Martial Arts Zombie: Zombies that were modified by Mental to serve as troops on the planet Chi Feng.
- Methug Commander: These creatures serve as commanders to Methug Soldiers.
- Methug Soldier: A large, green creature with a robotic head that has a large red eye. It has two attacks ; fire a green projectile, or use its noxious skin to damage the target if it gets right next to it.
- Monkey Zombie: Originally ordinary monkeys that Mental obtained and brainwashed. He then re-purposed them to become members of his army. Their main attack is to slash the target with their knives.
- Onan the Librarian: A large, axe-wielding barbarian with a muscular build. Their attacks are firing axes at the target, and hitting the target with their axe if they get too close.
- Orc Commander: A soldier equipped with red armor that has three attacks; fire homing shots from his plasma gun, throw grenades, or kick the target at close range.
- Orc Destroyer: An Orc soldier that wields a blue plasma rifle and is equipped with blue armor. They fire a plasma ball at the target. This plasma ball has a very primitive homing capability and can travel on the ground.
- Orc Grunt: This variant of Orc fires a two-round burst from their blaster, and is identified by its rusty grey armor.
- Orc Gunner: An Orc soldier that wears yellow armor and is equipped with a shoulder-mounted rocket launcher.
- Porcine Berserker: An unusual mix of a Roman gladiator and a boar. This mixture has made the Berserker quite aggressive and has greatly enlarged one of his arms. To take advantage of his larger than usual hand, the Berserker has been given a large broadsword.
- Primitive: Natives of the planet M'Digbo who were recruited by Mental. They are large, bulky humanoids that wield a spiked club and shield.
- Red Arachnoid: Scorpion-like creature that fires bullets at the target from its mouth.
- Red Spinner: Behaves almost exactly like the Vertigo, but it can move while firing. Its only attack is to fire a quick three burst of red bullets.
- Siren: A fish-like creature and a native of the planet Valtos. When they spot a target, they will emerge from the water and a fire a projectile at them. After a few seconds, they will emerge from a different area and fire a projectile again.
- Sirian Sphinx: A large, cat-like creature wearing traditional Egyptian clothes and wielding a mace. His attacks are firing electrical orbs at the target and summoning enemies.
- Skeleton: Similar in appearance to normal Kleers, though Skeletons stand on their hind legs and use their front legs to carry weapons. They are equipped with swords that they use to attack their targets at close range, and carry shields to protect themselves from attacks.
- Space Mummy: Undead monstrosities brought to life with dark magic. Their only attack is to fire a fireball at their target.
- Spider (SS:DD): A cybernetic spider armed with a large volley of rockets.
- Spiky Bulldog: A brown bulldog-like creature. Its attacks are biting or leaping at the target.
- Tweedle Dum-Dum: A flying variant of the Dum-Dum which is similar to it behavior-wise, but, unlike the regular variant, the Tweedle Dum-Dum has a beanie hat and propeller, which provides reasonable maneuverability in the air.
- Wickerman: These creatures will try to get close to the target and slap them. They run fairly slow, being vulnerable to attacks while spawning, and take a second to fully hit their target, making them easy to avoid.
- Wisp]: A small red creature that has a small trunk-like mouth and two horns protruding from the sides of its head. When they spot a target, they will fire a slow projectile at them.
- Wolfinator: A bipedal creature with a wolf's head. Its attacks are the same as the Sirian Sphinx.
- Zombie Soldier: An undead humanoid that wields a minigun. This minigun has good accuracy, making it deadly, even at long range.
- Zombie Stockbroker: An undead stockbroker armed with a shotgun.
- Zorg Commander: A bipedal, skinless lizard-like creature that is armed with a laser rifle that fires five laser beams, which are spread out from the center of the gun to create a 110 degree angle spread.
- Zorg Mercenary: A weaker variety of Zorg soldier which fires a two-round burst from its gun.
- Zumb'ul: A large humanoid creature armed with two plasma rocket launchers. They fire two rockets at an enemy from medium to far range, and deliver a melee attack if the targets approaches it.
Support units[edit | edit source]
Mental's forces that mostly have ranged attacks, such as firing projectiles at targets from a distance. Others use chainguns and fire rapid volleys of bullets at the target. As such, these enemies are often placed far away, such as on rooftops or other high areas, or to sometimes support the attacking force as a way to distract the target.
- Adult Arachnoid: A holy warrior from a primitive race evolved from arthropods. Their tough exoskeleton covers a large area of their body, and augment their bodies with armor plates for better protection. Augmented pincers in adults contain built-in chainguns.
- Albino Cyclops: Originally a giant worm from the planet Magnor, Mental discovered these giant worms and added arms and legs to them, but their body retracted soon after the body parts were added, making them look very large. When they spot a target, they fire homing orb-shaped projectiles at them.
- Aludran Arachnoid: This Arachnoid fires a fireball out of its gun, but there is a noticeable delay between each shot. If someone is close to it, it will strike the target with its powerful tail.
- Aludran Reptiloid: Highlander's Bride: A female Highlander Aludran Reptiloid. They behave exactly like normal Highlanders, only though they have much more health and deal higher melee damage.
- APC 404 Dropship: Troop transport for Mental's forces, mostly Orc soldiers.
- Arachnoid (SS1): A scorpion-like creature with a humanoid torso. They carry a chaingun in one hand and use it to fire at the target from a distance. If the targets gets too close, the Arachnoid will sting them.
- Arachnoid (SS:T): A very large green scorpion-like creature. Unlike other Arachnoids, this variant does not wield a chaingun; its only attack is to bite the target.
- Common Aludran Reptiloid: A medium-sized, four-handed reptilian creature that casts magical homing fireballs from their hands. They will also whack the target if they get close.
- Devouer: A strange creature that sucks anything into it with a spinning vortex.
- Double Diva: An extremely large human (or humanoid) with several deformities; one of her hands has been replaced with a scythe, and there are several growths on her body. Double Diva has several attacks, depending on how much damage she has taken and where the target is.
- Earth Giant: A massive elemental being made from stone. Its can fire several projectiles from its mouth. After firing, it then grabs a rock from the ground and launches it at the target. Both of these attacks can deal a large amount of damage. If the target is within close enough range, the Earth Giant will kill them instantly with its melee attack.
- Elephant Gunner: An elephant that has been altered by Mental to serve in his army. It is equipped with a cannon on its snout, has armor plating around its entire body, and enhanced hearing and sight. The Gunner's only attack is to fire a cannonball at its target.
- Explosion Eater: A flying pig-like creature with a ‘trunk’ which enables it to suck explosive projectiles and fill its belly. If the target fires explosives at it, it will eat them. If it eats a lot of them, it will turn them into fireballs and fire them at the target.
- Fiendian Reptiloid Demon: A large, red demon-like creature. These enemies will toss balls of lava at the target from a distance. If the target gets too close, the Demon will slash at them with its claws.
- Flying Kleer: A winged Kleer Skeleton armed with a Blunderbuss. It fires a large fireball from the Blunderbuss.
- Giant: A large purple monster that has a sawblade on its back. It has two attacks, either spinning its sawblade around, or breathing fire if the player gets too close to it. Its attacks can deal a lot of damage.
- Gonk: A small creature that, upon noticing the target, will start moving in random directions, and when it has the chance to attack, it fires a single red projectile at them.
- Guandi Sorcerer: Once a mainstay of Guandi's former armies, they were subsumed into Mental's forces, the sorcerers continue to wreak their havoc on the world, drawing upon Mental's dark powers to enhance their magic.
- Gunrilla (SSA): A Sirian mutant with a mix of a gorilla. It fires cannonballs from a gun located on what was once its head. These cannonballs explode at close range.
- Gunrilla (SS:T): Large creature that fires three projectiles at the target in succession.
- Harpy: A flying creature combined with a mixture of parts, such as Flying Kleer wings. They have two attacks: fire an egg-shaped projectile and kick the target. Harpies greatly prefer to use their melee attack instead of firing projectiles.
- Hatchling Arachnoid: A newborn Arachnoid equipped with a chaingun. As they are still developing, they have weaker exoskeletons than adults, and also do not have augmented armor implanted onto their bodies or built-in chainguns.
- HellChick: The HellChick has two attacks; launch a homing bat projectile at the target from medium to far range, or, if someone gets too close, she will attack them with her trident.
- Highlander Aludran Reptiloid: A much larger and more dangerous version of the Aludran Reptiloids. Unlike the Common Aludran Reptiloid, Highlanders fire their projectiles at a much faster rate.
- Kalopsy: A strange creature that resembles a brain and flies around. A Kalopsy will also sometimes move around while firing a projectile to avoid its opponent's attacks, and will also fire projectiles if it's damaged.
- Killermari Rider: A squid fused to a mobile chassis and adapted to live on land thanks to Mental's scientists. It behaves much like the Sirian Werebull and will charge towards the player as soon as they see them. They are often deployed in open spaces.
- Khnum: A large, aggressive bipedal creature with demon-like horns, red eyes and large, hooved feet. They have several attacks; they will launch fireballs at an enemy from medium to far range, or stomp or whack the target in close proximity. Their high endurance and thick skin allows them to resist small-arms fire.
- Kwongo: A massive gorilla-like creature. His attacks consist of firing rocks and smashing the target with one of his fists.
- Lava Golem: A pile of lava magically brought to life. These inorganic creatures throw lava fireballs at targets from far away, or slam the ground to the target at close range. If a medium or large-sized Lava Golem is killed, it will split into a smaller sized Golem.
- Levitator: A female, blue-skinned humanoid alien inside a semi-transparent sphere with some sort of liquid inside it. The sphere is equipped with a laser gun, which they will fire at the target.
- Lightning Man: A bluish humanoid creature with the ability to levitate in the air. They are often used as aerial support, where they attempt to distract the player from attacking targets on the ground.
- Phoenix Bomber: A very large bird that flies overhead and throws large fireballs at the target.
- Prince Chan: A very large and fat humanoid creature looking like a sumo. His attacks are singing and slapping the target.
- Martial Arts Master: The Master has one attack; fire a homing projectile at the player. This projectile can be dodged, but will bounce around if it misses until it destroys itself.
- Mecha-Arachnoid: A mechanical scorpion with miniguns for claws and a laser gun on its tail. It was created from a scorpion that Mental had found in Ancient Egypt.
- Mordekai the Summoner: One of Mental's dearest servants. He served him for over 3000 years. When he died, Mental missed him so much that he resurrected him, though he was a bit late in the process, leaving Mordekai brain-damaged. His only abilities are teleporting and summoning enemies with his staff.
- Mumbo Jumbo: A shaman that has the ability to increase the strength of other enemies, and can also fire a projectile at his target.
- Mummy: Undead creature that attacks its target by spitting at them.
- Orc Footballer: A large, green humanoid creature that kicks footballs at the target.
- Scrapjack: A large low-grade model of Mental's forces, created from sewn-together parts salvaged from KIA units of various other models. It is armed with two rocket launchers, and with three selectable heads to choose from depending on the situation, it can exhibit different behaviors, ranging from bland attacking to berserking rage.
- ScorpSoldier: A scorpion-like enemy that fires a burst of green projectiles at enemies.
- Scythian Witch-Harpy: A female clone of an extinct Scythian race that were created by Mental. They are trained in casting magic spells and close quarters combat.
- Snorkler: A small red creature that fires dangerous projectiles at the target.
- Statue: A living statue that fires projectiles at its target.
- Technopolip: An unknown polyzoic creature that can hijack vehicles and machinery. Their purpose is unknown, though they were likely engineered as a biological weapon.
- Temple Guardian: A statue that has been brought to life with magic. Armed with cannons, they were meant to protect areas such as temples and castles from intruders. However, when Mental arrived in ancient China, he gained control of them and made them a part of his army.
- Torcher Kitty: A cat inside a green liquid equipped with a jetpack. Their only attack is to fire a fireball at the target. When they are killed, their jetpack will malfunction and explode.
- Ugh-Zan III: One of Mental's generals, ranking as Great Admiral in Mental's army. He is the third incarnation of the vicious Ugh-Zan, last of the warlock giants. He has served Mental for millions of years, and was sent by Mental to supervise the assault on Earth.
- Ugh-Zan IV: Allegedly the biological father of Ugh-Zan III, due to a time traveling accident. He has four cybernetic legs attached to a mechanical quadruped base, which he can use to quickly turn around to face the target if they are behind him. He will fire plasma projectiles and rockets from far away, or stomp the target at close range.
- Ulgump: A small goblin creature that fires a large projectile at the target.
- Witch-Bride of Achriman: A fallen sorceress of The Great Council who was mislead by the false promises of Mental's vassal Achriman, the ruler of the shadow plane. Now known as Witch-Brides of Achriman, they are trapped in the limbo between the shadow plane and the physical world. Their psychokinetic powers allow them to warp space in order to protect themselves or to crush their enemies.
- Witch-Harpy: Originally a member of a species that consisted of female humanoids with wings, though Mental arrived and gave them an offer to join his army, they refused. In response, he disfigured their faces and enslaved them. Witch-Harpies have two attacks; throw a magic ball and melee. They will attempt to get close to their target so that they can use their melee attacks.
- Yagoda the Witch: These witches refer to transformed winners of Mental's beauty contests. Originally, they were some of the most beautiful ladies in the galaxy. When they were recruited for Mental's beauty contests, they were transformed into ugly witches. With their self-esteem destroyed, they were easy to recruit into Mental's army.
Vehicles[edit | edit source]
While they play a small role in Mental's forces, they can still be useful nonetheless. Some vehicles are able to ride on land, while others can fly and provide support to the attacking force.
- Alcor Class Warship: The most common of all Mental's spaceships, these ships are mainly used for troop deployment and basic "ground-scorching" with their scorcher beams, though they are not capable of complicated combat maneuvers or advanced attacks.
- Biotank: A large tank-like vehicle that was made by Mental's scientists.
- Fatso Fighter: An attack aircraft equipped with lasers that will fire at a target as it flies by, and then come back round to fire again.
- Fleet Fighter: An attack aircraft that moves around very fast and fires a projectile at the target.
- Infantry "Kozak aHa-C64" Attack Helicopter: An attack helicopter equipped with rocket launchers, a machine gun, and bombs. It will use the rockets at a distance, but will switch to the machine gun if an enemy is close to it. It will drop a bomb if the target is underneath it.
- Mine Bomber: A bomber aircraft that deploys flying mines to a specific target, then flies away.
- Seagull Fighter: Bomber aircraft that drops several bombs on a specific location.
- Space Fighter: A very fast black spaceship-like aircraft that fires rockets at the target.
- Spaceship: A very large flying vehicle. Its only attack is to fire several projectiles from its cannons.
Cyborgs and robots[edit | edit source]
Most of the cybernetic or robotic creatures that are part of Mental's forces have gone through extensive artificial or manufacturing processes, or were grown as biological mechanisms in Mental's bio-tanks. Some of these organisms have had their genome programmed to give them biologically grown mechanical parts.
- Cucurbito the Pumpkin: A genetically engineered humanoid wearing overalls, uses a chainsaw and has a pumpkin for a head. It was made by Mental by combining elements his time-traveling agents found in 20th-century Earth, including Smashing Pumpkins albums, a copy of the Burt Reynold's movie Deliverance and a copy of Lumberjack Digest.
- Dominant Bio-mechanoid: A large green cyborg that is equipped with two cannons attached to its sides.
- Drone: A flying robot that fires red projectiles at the target.
- Fattie Swallower: A large Scrapjack with a huge appetite. His attacks are firing large sawblades at the target, and launching projectiles of vomit at the air.
- Female Bio-mechanoid: A female version of the Major Bio-mechanoid that attacks with a kiss of death and missiles.
- Floater: A small floating robot with a large green "eye" in the center of their head, two arms and twin engines. It has two attacks fire a laser at the target, or attack the target with a melee attack if the target gets close to it.
- Hugo: A robot armed with lasers, a rocket launcher, a cannon for a right arm, and a jet pack, and armored with near-invincible plating.
- Major Bio-mechanoid: These large, red cyborgs are armed with rocket launchers that are attached to biologically designed side slots and are directly connected to its nervous system. The large head serves mainly as a battery containment, thus they are not very intelligent. As their rockets can quickly reach their targets and they can take several hits before being destroyed, they can be very dangerous if not eliminated.
- Metal Snake: A large mechanical creature with a body that resembles a snake. Their only attack is to launch a group of drones at the target. These drones will try to crash onto the target and explode upon impact.
- Minor Bio-mechanoid: A smaller and slightly less dangerous variety of the Major Bio-mechanoid that is bluish in color, and armed with two pulse lasers attached to either side of its body.
- Octochop: A creature made by the Atlanteans for military purposes. Its primary attack is to jump on the target when the target is close to it. Its large jump allows it to easily hit any human-shaped target.
- Raahloom, the Imposing Prototype: A much larger, tougher and dangerous version of the Scrapjack. He was the first great prototype of Mental's Necromechanoid Project, and was created from sewn-together parts of massive beasts, such as Highlander Aludran Reptiloids. Inheriting the resilience of these corpses, Raahloom is incredibly tough and most standard weapons can barely make a scratch on his body,
- Rhino Cybertoy: A large, brown rhino wind-up toy that has two large horns and a key protruding from its back. Its only attack is to ram into the target. If it misses, it will turn around and try again.
- Rollerball: A large, purple robot and a rolling version of the Spawner. Its only attack is to roll onto the target.
- Spawner: A modified Rollerball designed to spawn weak enemy forces. It resembles a Rollerball with mechanical legs, a few pistons and pipes. Spawners occasionally shoot fast-moving balls of plasma in an arc in between spawning.
- Spawner Bio-mechanoid: This variant of Bio-mechanoid is yellow, and has two Marsh Hopper spawners on its sides.
- Spider Mechanoid: Arachnid-like cyborgs which fire projectiles at the player from a distance, or bite the player at close range.
- Subterranean Hydra Emperor: A cybernetically altered monster that has three heads, each with different attacks.
- T-Mech: This cyborg is, apparently, the son of the Major Bio-mechanoid, though it has the head of a T-Rex with a cigar in its mouth. It behaves pretty much the same as the Major Bio-mechanoid.
- Tank Bio-mechanoid: A mixture of leftovers from a Sirian slaughterhouse, a caterpillar mount, and Plasma Cannons for hands. The mount allows it to travel on many types of terrain, making it useful for many different types of environments.
- The General: Modified Bull Soldiers that have a Tank Bio-mechanoid's lower body. This combines the Bull Soldier's rocket launchers with the Tank Bio-mechanoid's maneuverability, which makes it a deadly foe.
- Tyrannosaurus: A large, blue mechanical Tyrannosaurus-like enemy that is similar in appearance to the T-Mech. Its only attack is to launch missiles at the player.
Creatures and wildlife[edit | edit source]
Though not really considered to be part of Mental's ranks due to low intelligence or other reasons, Mental still nonetheless decided to have these creatures included in his army. They are often from different planets, and have many unique characteristics. Some of these creatures have been altered by Mental to enhance their capabilities.
- Aurigan Cave Demon: A nocturnal bloodthirsty predator that lurks in the darkness, often clinging onto walls or pillars. When unsuspecting prey draws near, they will leap out and strike at the target with their sharp claws, then retreat and hide again.
- Beetle (SS:DD): A large beetle-like creature with a green exoskeleton and an orange body. It has two horns, but it seems that the horns have been transformed into a flamethrower. The front of the Beetle is completely invulnerable to attacks, but the orange body that's behind it is vulnerable to attacks, such as bullets and rockets.
- Beetle (SSVR:TLH): A small flying creature that is spawned by the Swamp Hive. Its only attack is to explode into the target.
- Boombat: Flying bat-like creature that explodes into the target or when killed.
- Bone Snake: A large creature with a snake-like skeleton and one foot. They fire fast-moving projectiles in bursts.
- Bullmare: A transparent bull-like creature that rams into the target with its horns. It can only be killed with explosions.
- Calamari: Ghost-like creature that explodes into a burst of projectiles when it sees its target.
- Cerberus: The Cerberus was created because of Mental's interest in Ancient Greek mythology and having a three-headed dog. Their main attack is to charge at the target.
- Cerebull: A bull-like creature that will charge towards its target and ram into them with their horns.
- Devil Stallion: A strange creature that is a mixture of DNA of horses and Aludran Reptiloids. Being a hybrid, the Reptiloid DNA within the Devil Stallion's genes enables it to breathe fire, making it quite powerful. In addition, it was given a pair of wings in order to fly. To top it off, Mental's researchers gave it an undying loyalty to Mental and cast some black magic on it in order to make it more resistant to enemy attacks.
- Evil Ferdinand: A variant of the Sirian Werebull that is black in color and behaves similar to the normal variant, though he is stronger and leaves a trail of fire behind.
- Flying Kleer: This type of Kleer is basically a winged Kleer skeleton armed with a blunderbuss.
- Giant Flea: A large flea-like creature with a green shell, an orange underbelly and a pink sock on one of his hind legs. It has no attacks.
- Gnaar Baby: Smaller and weaker version of the Gnaar.
- Hatchling Antaresian Spider: A newborn Antaresian spider. As they are hatchlings, their jaws and exoskeleton are underdeveloped, thus they can be killed easily by squishing them under one's foot. They can bite at close range, or fire balls of acid from glands in their tails from a distance. Alone they are not a threat, but a pack of them can be dangerous.
- Heliopora: Large creature that fires laser beams from the sides of its body.
- Hermit Crabuloid: A small hermit crab-like creature with a shell that is completely impervious to weapon fire. It is armed with a short-range weapon that it uses when it is right next to its target.
- Hound: Small creature with horns that rams into its target.
- Hopper: Frog-like creature that bounces towards its target to attack.
- Juvenile Antaresian Spider: Larger and more dangerous than the hatchlings, a juvenile already has developed jaws and exoskeleton, and are more resilient to gunfire than the hatchlings. As they are much bigger in compassion, they can't be stomped on, but it is possible to rip their carapace apart, which kills the juvenile instantly.
- Juvenile Sirian Werebull: A small and weaker variant of the Sirian Werebull, though they are genetically programmed with the same ferocity and temperament as their normal counterparts.
- Killer Plant: A hostile cactus that will fire a rocket at the target. It does not move.
- Kleer Skeleton: An undead skeleton of a being from an extinct race from the planet Kleer, of Alpha Canis Majoris. They will charge towards their target, and leap out to attack with their sharp claws. At closer range, they will repeatedly slash at them. From further distances, Kleers can conjure twin chainballs one after another in a single direction towards the target.
- Lizard: A strange green creature often found swarming in packs and spawn from eggs that are thrown from sewer pipes or fall from trees. Sometimes they can also be hiding in crates. They will bite at the target if they get too close.
- Marsh Hopper: A small, greenish frog-like alien originating from the planet Rigil Kentaurus. They are social creatures, and live in large groups, but have a suicidal instinct to protect their territory. In all-devastating havoc, they will attempt to leap at an enemy and explode by over inflating themselves. Upon exploding, toxic slime from within their intestines splashes the target.
- Mental's Pet Hamster: A large, hamster-like creature with multiple eyes. It has three pairs of legs and a segmented body which resembles that of a caterpillar.
- Pterodactyl: A stereotypical Pterodactyl that has been altered by Mental to carry bombs. The ones that carry bombs will follow the target, and then drop it on them.
- Queen Hopper: Large frog-like creature that leaps into its target to attack. Can also spawn Toad Hoppers from its body to aid in the fight.
- Reeban Electro-Fish: An aquatic animal from the planet Reeb. When it spots an enemy, it fires a bolt of electricity from the light attached to its head. The bolt will disorient the enemy upon contact. This makes the Electro-Fish very dangerous in groups, as a constant barrage of lightning will constantly disorient the enemy, making it difficult for the victim to fight back.
- Reeban Tooth Fish: Like the Reeban Electro-Fish, these creatures are from the planet Reeb, though they can only bite their target instead of using electrical attacks.
- Sandwhale: A very large, aggressive territorial creature. It is unknown how they were transported to Earth or if they are even associated with Mental's horde, but it is suspected that they were accidentally brought to Earth in microscopic larvae state from a desert planet in Gamma Pegasi. They appear to mostly feed on sediments or minerals, though if its territory is disturbed, they are able to swallow a heavy assault tank whole, without chewing. These creatures are so well protected by their thick scales that there are no known ways to kill one short of nuclear weapons.
- Shielder: Strange creature encased in a shell. It will damage the target if it comes into contact with the Shielder.
- Sirian Werebull: The Sirian Werebull behaves much like an ordinary bull. It is a strange mixture of Sirian and cattle DNA. Its two attacks consist of ramming the target, or if they are not fast enough, it will attempt to gore the target with its horns, causing more damage than a ram would.
- Slug: A slug-like creature that uses two 'hands' to move around. Its only attack is to get close to the target and melee them.
- Snake: Snake-like creature that consists of body segments and a head. When a part of its body has been destroyed, the body segment will turn into a head and become a smaller snake.
- Spider (SS:T): Red spider-like creature that shoots rapid-firing projectiles from its mouth.
- Swamp Hive: A large spider-like creature with pointy legs. It has two attacks, hitting the targets with its legs and spawning small flying creatures called Beetles.
- Tentaculus: A massive, bluish-green worm-like creature that is armed with many tentacles. Its attacks consists of damaging the target with its tentacles and spawning Reeban Electro-Fish from its mouth(s).
- Therizinosaurus: A large, blue feathered dinosaur that, when modified by Mental, fires plasma balls at the target from a plasma cannon on its back.
- Toad Hopper: Small creatures spawned by the Queen Hopper.
- Tooth Fish: Water creature that chases after the target and bites them.
- Vertigo: Large red creature that spins and fires projectiles at the same time.
- Vuvuzelator: A strange living pile of pancakes that has forks for legs and vuvuzelas sticking out of it. When it gets close to the target, it will begin playing loud music, which hurts the target as long as it is within its music radius. When its health has been reduced to 0, it will start playing its vuvuzelas and play them at a higher pitch until it explodes.
- ZumZum: A large hornet-like creature. It has two attacks: spawning ZumZum Jr.s and shooting projectiles at the target. It will also charge at the target to try and sting them.
Combat technology[edit | edit source]
Mental employs many devices and weapons which are used for monitoring important locations, or to defend a strategic objective. Some of these weapons are human inventions that were re-designed or modified by Mental to enhance them.
- Cannon Turret: A medieval cannon placed on a platform, armed with uranium-filled cannonballs.
- Flying Mine: An explosive device that flies at its target and explode upon impact with them.
- Missile Silo: Automatic weapon system that fires a large number of projectiles at its target.
- Plasma Cannon: A large mechanical device that fires balls of plasma at its targets.
- Rocket Turret: An immobile turret which fires rockets at the target. Rocket turrets are usually on the ground, but some will be above their target in order to catch their target off guard.
- Rotating Cannon: An enhanced medieval cannon attached to a rotating wooden base.
- Static Cannon: Functions just like the rotating cannon, but is immobile and can only fire when the target moves past.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Serious Sam 1, Serious Sam: Xbox and Serious Sam Classics: Revolution, enemies that have been killed (not gibbed) will be teleported away. In Serious Sam HD, Serious Sam 3: BFE, Serious Sam VR, Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope and Serious Sam 3 VR: BFE, they crumble into dust.