This is getting serious!
This article contains spoilers. It might spoil your gaming experience when first playing these games.
Major Slick Stinger is the first boss of Serious Sam's Bogus Detour.
Slick Stinger is a large red Arachnoid (or Adult Arachnoid) equipped with a chaingun and energy launcher. He has proved himself as a ruthless fighter over the years in leading Mental's forces to victory in the tough desert battles of Sunstar and Bella Omega. As he became a useful asset to Mental, he was given his own command to rule over. Despite his appearance, his abilities and speed are not to be underestimated.
Behavior and skillsEdit
Slick Stinger's first attack is firing 4 energy balls from his launcher. These balls will follow the player for a long time until they disappear, either by hitting a wall or a certain amount of time is passed. His second attack is firing his chaingun while doing a strafing run.
After a certain amount of time is passed, he will call for support and Orcs will come down from the ceiling in pods. When he calls for support, he activates a shield and becomes immune to damage. When his health gets very low, he will attempt to dodge the player's attacks and keep firing his chaingun until he is killed.
When he has been killed, a green keycard will be dropped.
- As with other bosses, the SBC Cannon and XPML21 Rocket Launcher are effective weapons against Slick Stinger, as they can quickly chip off a bit of his health. Although it can be a bit difficult, considering that he strafes quite fast. The Laser Cannon and minigun are also effective against him.
- When he begins his strafing run, dash to avoid his bullets and stay to the right side of the room, as he usually fires his chaingun on the left.
- Do not get too close to the Major, as there are spikes at the top part of the room where he is standing.
- His energy balls can be avoided by coming close to a wall and then strafing left or right, as it will destroy them.
- The Orcs he calls can be easily defeated with the minigun or laser cannon.
- On Serious difficulty, it is possible for the player to run out of ammo for most of their weapons, except the shotguns when he is almost killed. Although considering that all he does is strafing, you can get close and fire the Super Shotgun at him.
|Defeat Slick Stinger.|
List of appearancesEdit
- Serious Sam's Bogus Detour (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)