The Lightning Man is an enemy that appears in Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Lightning Man is a blue humanoid creature wearing clothing that resemble yellow shorts. His shoulders, arms and chest are covered in red horizontal lines.
Occurrence[edit | edit source]
Lightning Men are often used as aerial support, where they attempt to distract the player from attacking targets on the ground.
Behavior and skills[edit | edit source]
The Lightning Man behaves quite similarly to the Witch-Bride of Achriman. Like her, the Lightning Man has the ability to levitate in the air and can teleport to specific locations. Their only attack is to fire a beam of lightning at the target. This beam always reaches the player's location, regardless of how far away the Lightning Man is from the player. If the player attempts to aim at the Lightning Man, he will teleport away to another location.
When killed, the Lightning Man will fall at a high speed and splatter after hitting the ground.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- The XM214-A Minigun works well against the Lightning Man because the bullets instantly hit him and deals a lot of damage. A combination of 2 miniguns will quickly kill him.
- The Lightning Man's lightning beam can be avoided by using the Shield, which can be useful to avoid damage.
- Projectile and explosive weapons are not recommended against the Lightning Man. While a few shots from these weapons will quickly kill him, he usually teleports away while the projectiles make their way to him. This means most of the shots will miss before they reach him.
- The A-24 Devastator is another useful asset against a Lightning Man, as its projectiles are fast enough that he can't teleport away before reaching him, and their rockets deal a lot of damage.
- Multiple Lightning Men can be taken down with the minigun or Devastator. The minigun can quickly kill one in a good amount of time, while the Devastator can kill multiple ones in a few seconds.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- He is called "Lightning Caster" in the game files.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope (First appearance)