The Killermari Rider is an enemy that appears in Serious Sam: Next Encounter.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Killermari Rider is a squid fused to a mobile chassis and adapted to live on land thanks to Mental's scientists. It behaves much like the Sirian Werebull and will charge towards the player as soon as they see them.
Occurrence[edit | edit source]
Killermari are often deployed in open spaces.
Behavior and skills[edit | edit source]
The Killermari has two attacks; ram into the player or fire projectiles. It will fire its projectiles if it's ramming attack is dodged while it is turning in order to allign itself for another charge.
The Killermari comes with two types: riding and underwater. The Riding Killermari can be found on normal levels, but the underwater variant is only found on The Geothermal Tunnels.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- The Killermari is very dangerous because of how much damage it does if it rams into the player, how large it is, and the high amount of health it has. It should be the first enemy killed by the player in a fight.
- Dodging a charging Killermari can be hard because of how large they are. The best chance to dodge their charge is to be strafing, then turn at an angle a second or two before they can hit you.
- Its projectiles are much less dangerous than its charging attack. Merely strafing in a direction will be enough to avoid them.
- The Sirian Power Gun and XM4000 Minigun are very effective against Killermari, no matter how many there are. Their high damage output can destroy a Killermari at any range, and are very useful for quickly inflicting damage against a group of them.
- The XPML4000 Rocket Launcher is effective against Killermaris, but only at long range. Killermaris travel faster than rockets do, so there is a real chance that a rocket will explode closer to the player than anticipated if it is launched.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- 'Killermari' is a play on calamari, the culinary name for squid dishes.
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam: Next Encounter (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)