Karnak Demo is a demo level in Serious Sam: The First Encounter, Serious Sam: Xbox, Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter, and Serious Sam VR: The First Encounter. It is also the demo level used for Test 1.
Secrets[edit | edit source]
All the secrets are the same as regular Karnak, with the exception of a new one (#3):
- When the level starts, instantly move backwards to find a "generous yard". There's some ammo and various items and enemies there.
- In the first room, there are 2 switches behind 2 columns, one on the left and one on the right sides of the room. Press both switches to lower a platform next to the door where you entered from, which will then lift up again, transporting you to a secret area.
- When you encounter the sleeping Arachnoid, slumbering over an ankh, you can either shoot it with the rockets from the secret generous yard before entering the chamber it is in for a regular secret, or walk into the room until the door closes and then attack it (before picking up the rocket launcher in the room) for a "brave secret". The "brave secret" will only trigger while playing on Serious difficulty.
- In the ankh pool, dive in, there's a differently colored part on the floor of the pool. Touch it to reveal a secret room.
- On the right side of the ankh pool, on the wall, is a differently colored part. Touch it to reveal a Croteam papyrus.
- After swimming through the pool into the temple, turn around. Go to the left and right corners are some switches, press both of them to open a secret door near the obelisk, in the middle of the ankh pool. The door leads to a room with a blob-like thing and an item.
- After obtaining the "Gold Amon statue" from the ankh pool temple, returning to the previously locked door in the area before the ankh pool, and opening that door, there will be a room with two pools. Dive in the pool on the left and touch the differently colored wall to reveal a path to a spherical room with abnormal gravity (in Serious Sam HD and Serious Sam VR, this room has normal gravity).
- In the last area, there is a differently colored small spot on the wall on the left. Walk through it to find a secret ammo pack.
- In the last area a "secret health has been enabled" message will appear at some point in the later stages of the fight. It is opposite #8, pick it up to register the secret.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Test 1, the level is part of the Karnak temple complex chapter. This specific level was called The First Pylon.
- This version of the level is set during the day, whereas the full game version takes place during the night.