Overview[edit | edit source]
The Kalopsy is an extremely unusual alien lifeform which resembles a floating brain with a mouth. Its origin is unknown; it may be the result of an experiment, or perhaps an animal found on some distant planet and modified to suit Mental's needs.
Behavior and skills[edit | edit source]
The Kalopsy's behavior is unique: when not engaged in combat, it may occasionally spawn 5 guided projectiles, but when shot at, it will continouly spawn such projectiles until its target is overwhelmed. If a Kalopsy's projectile hits the player, it will cause their screen to shake a bit and then return to normal.
When a Kalopsy has been killed, it will explode.
Occurrence[edit | edit source]
In Serious Sam 4, Kalopsies first appear in The Die is Cast. They are generally common throughout the game, and only appear in small groups.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- The Kalopsy has a medium amount of health, as such, the XM214-A Minigun and XL2 Lasergun are recommended to use against it. A combination of both of these weapons will quickly kill a Kalopsy.
- Circle strafing seems to be the most effective way to dodge a Kalopsy's projectiles.
- The Kalopsy's projectiles can be shot down, which can be useful to avoid receiving damage.
- Multiple Kalopsies can be taken down with rapid-fire weapons or the XPML21 Rocket Launcher. The rapid-fire weapons can kill them because of their high damage (especially if both weapons are dual-wielded), while dual-wielded rocket launchers can kill multiple Kalopsies. When using rocket launchers, it is recommended that the player tries to predict where the Kalopsies are moving, as the Kalopsies can avoid the rockets.
- When paired with other enemies, the Kalopsy is should be one of the first enemies targeted because the damage dealt by their acid spits and the effect causing the screen to shake can make it difficult to see the screen, as well as other enemies and projectiles.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Kalopsy looks and behaves similar to the Cacodemon from the Doom series.