Antaresian spiders are a species of arachnid-like aliens originating from a large planet called Antares Prine, which is located in the system of Antares, a red super-giant. As the planet orbits such a large star, this has lead to the lifeforms on that planet to grow to exceptionally large sizes.
Juvenile spiders are much larger than hatchlings, and as a result have stronger jaws are more developed exoskeletons, which protects them from multiple bullet shots. Despite this, they can still be killed with one hit from a sledgehammer or axe, and can also be blown to bits with the AS-24 Devastator and XPML21 Rocket Launcher.
The juvenile’s primary attack is spitting acid balls at the player, but their projectiles can be destroyed with one bullet. As they approach closer, they will attempt to bite the player instead. They have strong jaws, which can cause moderate damage to an unprepared player. A swarm of juveniles is deadly.
"Antaresian spiders originate from Antares Prime, located in the heart of the Scorpius constellation. Antares is a red super-giant star featuring gigantic planets and gigantic organisms living on them. Juveniles already have very strong and developed jaws. These are dangerous weapons which you should keep away from. Glands in their tail can quickly produce large quantities of poisonous acid and squirt it across a distance to unsuspecting prey. The exoskeleton in juveniles is developed enough to protect them from multiple bullet shots. Like many other arachnids, Antaresian spiders have adhesive surfaces on their feet, allowing them to cling to walls and ceilings."
These spiders serve as main ranged/melee hybrid front-line units or used in small ambushes. They can be encountered in groups of any size.
- While having almost the same health as Kleer Skeletons and filling the same role in combat, these enemies are significantly easier to deal with. They do not have as much speed and lack the Kleer's deadly lunging attack. Their only advantages are that they can climb on walls and have faster projectiles.
- Two shots from the pump-action shotgun or one shot from the Double Barrel Coach Gun are enough to kill one at close range, although larger packs of them can be dealt with the rocket launcher, especially if an ammo crate containing unlimited rockets is present.
- Smaller groups can effectively be dealt by using melee attacks or the Sledgehammer. Care should be taken to dodge their acid spit when they are about to fire.
- Extremely large groups (i.e. the horde in The Guardian of Time) can be dealt with using the minigun.
- Oddly, their acid spit attack can be shot out of the air.
- When these spiders appear with other enemies, they are usually a low or medium-low priority target. Most of the other enemies are more powerful, faster or have harder-to-dodge attacks. However, despite their low profile, they have a tendency to block more dangerous enemies like Kleer Skeletons and Beheaded Kamikazes, making their movement more unpredictable.
|Rip 10 Juvenile spiders apart.|
|Perform all possible finishing moves in the game.|
Serious Sam 3: BFEEdit
Serious Sam's Bogus DetourEdit
Serious Sam VR: The Last HopeEdit
List of appearancesEdit
- Serious Sam 3: BFE (First appearance)
- Serious Sam 3 VR: BFE
- Serious Sam's Bogus Detour (Non-canonical appearance)
- Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope