This is getting serious!
This article contains some serious spoilers. Read at your own risk!
Interplanetary Ballistic is the final level of Serious Sam's Bogus Detour.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Sam takes an elevator down deeper into the base, where he finds out that the Mental-Altani corporation are planning to use weapons of mass destruction to wipe out humanity and destroy the Earth. To stop them, he has to hack and reprogram the missiles' targeting system to destroy the base, sparing humanity from a fate worse than death.
However, little does Sam know is that someone is aware of his intentions, and will do whatever it takes to stop him.
Secrets[edit | edit source]
- When you get the red keycard, return to the beginning of the level and unlock one of the doors at the top of the elevator. Beware of the Orc Assassins as you make your way through the room until you come across a teleporter protected by some concrete barriers. Shoot the barriers and enter the teleporter, revealing a secret area with a star in it.
- After reprogramming the first missile, go to the top-right of this room and shoot the broken piece of wall partially hidden behind some racks. Shoot it to reveal a switch which unlocks a door to a star and some ammo which you can pick up a little later on in the level. Mind the Orc Assassin that spawns when you press the switch.
- In the same area, you will notice a star locked behind a door. Later on in the level, you will come across a series of narrow corridors with lasers firing through them. You will have to destroy the lasers with any of your weapons in order to pass through these corridors safely. At the end of the bottom corridor with lasers in it, there is a broken piece of wall. Destroy it, then go into the corridor that was revealed to get the star. Collecting the star will also unlock the door.
- There is another narrow corridor in the same area with no lasers in it, with a broken piece of wall at the end of the corridor. Shoot it to reveal another corridor, and step into the glowing light on the left to find a pair of shades. Mind the Orc Assassins that spawn when you collect it.
- Right before you battle The Director for the first time, you will notice a dark area with many racks in it below you. Destroy the power generator and enter the room with Beheaded Kamikazes and Scrapjacks in it, then go through the narrow corridor at the bottom of the room. Enter the teleporter in the dark area to find a room with a star and an Orc Assassin awaiting you. Going through the teleporter here will also reward you with a big pack.
Related achievements[edit | edit source]
|Hack the 4 terminals on Interplanetary Ballistic without failing once.|