The Infected Tortoise is an enemy that appears in Serious Sam's Bogus Detour.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Infected Tortoises were once ordinary tortoises that have been exposed to the radioactive ooze that the Orcs used on themselves. As the tortoises became mutated, this caused them to grow exceptionally large, develop spikes on their shell and a very strong bite.
Infected Tortoises are hunted by Orcs, where they trap and contain them in large metal cages and taken to factories. There, they are butchered for their meat and fed to the Fattie Swallower.
Behavior and skills[edit | edit source]
The Infected Tortoise has two attacks: at close range, the Tortoise will deliver a powerful bite to the target, and at medium range, the Tortoise will tuck into its shell and spin around, releasing a volley of spikes. Like other infected enemies, they will target anything that hasn't been mutated.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- Do not engage groups of Infected Tortoises at close range, unless they are beginning to spin inside their shell.
- If using the Sledgehammer on a Tortoise, wait for it to stop firing its spikes and then kill it before it comes out of its shell.
- A Tortoise's spikes can be avoided by strafing or dashing sideways or hiding behind buildings or trees.
- Infected Tortoises can be dealt with the Shotgun or sledgehammer at close range, and the Laser Cannon or Thompson submachine gun at medium to close range.
Related achievemeents[edit | edit source]
|Kill all turtles on Path of Feast/Fear.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the game files, Infected Tortoises are called "snapjaw".
Gallery[edit | edit source]
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam's Bogus Detour (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)