The Infected Gnaar is an enemy that appears in Serious Sam's Bogus Detour.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Infected Gnaars are, as the name implies, mutated versions of Gnaars. They are the product of bio-experimentation using ooze by the Mental-Altani corporation, in an attempt to enhance the common Gnaar and make it more damage-resistant and all-around more proficient in combat. So far, these subjects haven't responded well to testing and have turned against everyone, including their own creators. To keep them contained, the scientists placed them inside glass vats filled with ooze.
Occurrence[edit | edit source]
Infected Gnaars are rare enemies, only appearing once, in Illogical Biological, where they are kept inside stasis tanks containing vast quantities of ooze. Destroying these tanks will release the Gnaar and a few Ooze Spawn.
Behavior and skills[edit | edit source]
Infected Gnaars have higher health, attack and movement speed compared to normal Gnaars. As they are mutated enemies, they will also attack anyone who is not infected, including Mental's troops. Being touched by an Infected Gnaar will afflict the target with ooze, damaging them for a short period of time.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- Infected Gnaars are more dangerous and have more health than regular Gnaars. As such, the Shotgun, Super Shotgun, Thompson submachine gun or Laser Cannon are recommended against these enemies.
- The Flamethrower is an excellent weapon against crowds of Infected Gnaars.
- The Erasergun, SBC Cannon and XM214-A Minigun are great weapons for killing swarms of Infected Gnaars when they are lined up against each other.
- Do not get too close to Infected Gnaars, as their high attack makes them dangerous opponents in large numbers.
- Avoid breaking the glass vats in the bio-labs if you don't want to engage Infected Gnaars.
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam's Bogus Detour (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)