The Infected Fish is an enemy that appears in Serious Sam's Bogus Detour.
Infected Fish were once a species of ordinary fish (possibly carps or hippotangs) that have been exposed to and mutated by the ooze that the Orcs poured on themselves. As they mutated, they grew arms and legs which enable them to move on land as well as swim in water.
Infected Fish are common around beaches and areas with open water, where they will often attack Crabs or other enemies. They do not appear in the Moon base levels.
Behavior and skillsEdit
As Infected Fish are mutated, they will attack anything that is non-mutated, such as Mental's troops as well as the player. There are two types of Infected Fish; melee and ranged. The melee Infected Fish will stab the target which deals relatively low damage, while the ranged Infected Fish throws spears that deals a bit more damage.
- Infected Fish are fairly weak enemies. A few shots from the Pistols or a single close-range shot from the Shotgun will kill them.
- Large groups of Infected Fish can be dealt with either with the Thompson submachine gun, Laser Cannon or XM214-A Minigun. Their high rate of fire and damage lets the player quickly kill them.
- The Sledgehammer is also useful against Infected Fish, as it instantly kills them and has a large impact, which can kill multiple ones with a single hit.
- Avoid their spears by strafing or dashing.
- Infected Fish can be used as a way to distract and damage other enemies in order to save ammunition.
- Infected Fish resemble the Fishman in appearance, an enemy cut from Serious Sam: The First Encounter. They are also called "Fishman" in the game files.
List of appearancesEdit
- Serious Sam's Bogus Detour (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)