The Hermit Crabuloid is a crab-like enemy that appears in Serious Sam Advance.
At first glance, they appear to be a normal hermit crab. However, its shell is completely impervious to weapon fire.
Attacks and stats
The Hermit Crabuloid is equipped with a short-range weapon it uses when it's right next to a target.
Normally, the Crabuloid appears to be a seashell in the middle of nowhere. However, when a target gets close, it will start chasing them in order to hit it with its melee attack.
- In order to make the Hermit Crabuloid vulnerable to attack, walk near it. This will make it start moving, which makes it vulnerable to attacks.
- The Hermit Crabuloid is harmless as long as the player keeps moving. They cannot attack unless the player is right next to it, and as long as the player is constantly moving, this won't happen.
- The Double Barrel Coach Gun is great against the Crabuloid. Two shots can kill it, and the coach gun's reload time is fast enough that it can kill a Hermit Crabuloid in a good amount of time.
- Multiple Crabuloids can be taken out with the coach gun. Only two or so will attack at once, giving the player plenty of time and room to kill it with the coach gun.
- When paired with other enemies, the Crabuloid is a low-priority threat. It is very easy to dodge, and it won't even move unless the player gets close to it. Hunting down a Crabuloid when there's much more dangerous enemies nearby puts the player in completely unnecessary risk.
List of appearances
- Serious Sam Advance (First appearance) (non-canonical appearance)