The Guandi Sorcerer is a flying enemy that appears in Serious Sam: Next Encounter. A former servant of Guan Yu, a Chinese general, they have the ability to call upon the elements to case spells against their enemies.
Overview[edit | edit source]
These sorcerers were a mainstay of Guandi's former armies, able to fly around and over ground troops and carve through the lines of enemies with their terrible magic. Subsumed into Mental's forces, the sorcerers continue to wreak their havoc on the world, drawing upon Mental's dark powers to enhance their magic.
The Sorcerer has only one attack; constantly throws magical spells at the player.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- The Sorcerer tends to hover in one spot for prolonged periods of time, this makes the Sorcerer an easy target for explosive weapons at a longer distance.
- The magic spells the Sorcerer spews at you are very powerful, not to be confused with the similar looking Witch-Harpy's projectiles.
- When in tight corridors, the Sorcerer can prove fatal. Eliminate it at all costs in these scenarios as their projectiles fire in a very straight line.
- The XPML4000 Rocket Launcher and RAPTOR Sniper Rifle are very effective against the Guandi Sorcerer. A single zoomed-in Sniper bullet will send the Sorcerer to its demise. The Rocket Launcher is useful as the Sorcerer tends to hover in one spot for prolonged periods of time, especially in close quarters. Weapons like the XM4000 Minigun can be mildly useful if spraying bullets at a bigger horde of enemies alongside the Sorcerer, but can take a rather long time to inflict notable damage towards it.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Behavior and appearance-wise, the Sorcerer is very similar to the Martial Arts Master, as they both levitate in the air and use projectile-based attacks.
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam: Next Encounter (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)