This is getting serious!
This article contains some serious spoilers. Read at your own risk!
Gathering of the Gods is the first level of Jewel of the Nile.
Plot[edit | edit source]
After activating the Karnak and Luxor generators, Sam is escorted back to base by Wilson, but after he is intercepted by HQ and given new orders; he must now activate some sort of “fail-switch” to activate the Time-Lock, as apparently, the generators only powered it. First of all, he must explore the island of Philae to find the control room, but apparently, it isn’t there, and thus he heads towards Abu Simbel via a boat.
Secrets[edit | edit source]
- At the starting area, near the staircase, you’ll spot a bunch of crates with planks behind them. Destroy them and proceed through the cavern to discover a spider cave, but watch out for a swarm of miniature Hatchling Spiders.
- When you climb up the staircase from #1, you’ll see a building on your left and a building to your right with a shelter next to it. Go behind the building on the right, jump up on the crates and onto its roof. From its roof, jump on the shelter’s roof, and from there, sprint-jump to the roof of the building on the left to collect a secret Large Health.
- On the left side of the island, you’ll see a floating red object near the shore. Dive into the water below it to collect an XPML21 Rocket Launcher.
- Near the start, jump and climb on the wall, and then travel over it to collect a secret Super Health.
- Still on the right side of the island, near the opposite side from the start and behind a temple, walk along the shoreline until you find some rocks. Approach the rocks to find a volleyball with a handprint on it; which is a direct reference to Wilson from Cast Away.
- A bit before #5, there is a suspicious pile of rocks near one of the temples. Blast the ones close to a bush with a rocket to reveal a secret cavern with electricity and Kleer skulls.
- On the right side of the island, you’ll see a smaller island to your east. Swim to and walk over it to find a secret cannon, go behind it and press the Use button to trigger a humorous cutscene.
- At the temple on the opposite side of the starting area in the island, look up to the fourth column (the one next to a broken section of the wall). You’ll spot some rocket ammo there. Use the Mutilator or the rocket launcher to bring down the column and collect the ammo.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
To complete this mission, five statues must be placed on their appropriate pedestals. First collect the key from the opposite side of the map from the start, which will help open all the locked doors in this area. After the Isis statue, each statue is unlocked after the previous one is placed correctly. Ignore the cutscenes that show a statue on a pillar descending into the ground, they are progress indicators.
- Statue of Isis - collect it from the underground chamber, and place it in the locked treasure room area above ground.
- Statue of Hator - collect it from a building on the right side of the map, and place it in the same locked treasure room, in the small chamber in the back right side.
- Statue of Arensnuphis - collect it from the ruins to the left of the starting area and place it in the treasure room in the small chamber on the front left side.
- Statue of Horus - from the treasure room, make a right turn and then another right turn to find the statue. Grabbing the statue sets off an invisible wall trap and spawns many enemies. It goes on the small chamber on the front right side of the treasure room.
- Statue of Osiris - collect it from the ruins in the far left corner of the map, opposite from the start. It goes on the small chamber to the rear left side of the treasure room.
When all five statues are placed in the treasure room, the statue of Isis sinks and is replaced by the Seal of Isis. Take this to the far door in the underground chamber to complete the level.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There are a few health pickups located in suspicious places around the map. Picking them up will trigger an impenetrable force field which spawns in some enemies. This also happens after picking up two of the statues.