Firestarter is a boss that appears in Serious Sam's Bogus Detour. It only appears on the survival map Desert Strike.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Firestarter is a large mech that is equipped with a rocket launcher, flamethrower and a mortar. It is presumably made by the same team that has made the PRIME-209, considering that they have the same appearance.
Attacks and stats[edit | edit source]
Behavior-wise, the Firestarter is very similar to the PRIME-209, though its attacks are a bit different. Its primary attack is to fire a missile at the player. The missile has a homing property and will follow the player for a short amount of time before it explodes. If the player gets too close to the Firestarter, it will fire its flamethrower at them, which can deal a lot of damage and also sets the player on fire for a few seconds. Its third attack is firing barrels from the mortar located on its back. These barrels will be fired to the player's current location before they touch the ground and explode.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- The Firestarter's rockets can be dodged by continuously strafing or dashing onto the opposite direction, while its flamethrower can be avoided by simply moving away from it. The barrels it fires can be dodged by dashing onto the opposite direction after they are fired.
- The Cannon, XPML21 Rocket Launcher, Erasergun and XL2 Lasergun are effective weapons to use against the Firestarter.
- The Shaft can drain the Firestarter's health quickly, as it is metal-based, but it puts the player at the range of its flamethrower. Therefore it is recommended to circle around it while firing.
- The airstrike attack is useful for draining a bit of the Firestarter's health.
- Be sure to focus on between the Firestarter and the enemies that appear during the battle, as the enemies can distract or even kill the player if they aren't paying attention to them.
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam's Bogus Detour (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)