This is getting serious!
This article contains some serious spoilers. Read at your own risk!
The Fattie Swallower is the second boss of Serious Sam's Bogus Detour.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Fattie Swallower is a large Scrapjack with a huge appetite. He started to first work up his appetite in some fat camps and then began to compete in illegal weight contests to satisfy his gluttony. After a few "bad rulings" and a "mistakenly" eaten judge, he was thrown out.
When he started to work for Mental, his arms were amputated and replaced with huge ripper cannons in an attempt to stop him from eating so much. Unfortunately, this proved to be futile, as he began eating everything, from small cars to allied troops. However, he usually spits the latter out.
Behavior and skills[edit | edit source]
The Fattie has two attacks. His primary attack is firing large sawblades at the player. These blades function in the exact same manner as the blades fired by the Slicer; they will bounce around walls and other obstacles until they eventually disappear. These blades are very damaging if the player comes into contact with them. As the Fattie takes damage, he will begin launching projectiles of vomit into the air. These projectiles will either contain ammo, health, or enemies such as Gnaars or Kleers.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- The Fattie's sawblades deal a considerate amount of damage. Avoid his blades whenever possible.
- As the Fattie has lots of health, the AS-24 Devastator, SBC Cannon and XPML21 Rocket Launcher are recommended for this fight.
- Keep any enemies that he regurgitates at bay with the Flamethrower, Shotgun or Thompson submachine gun.
- When the Fattie has approximately 1/3 of his health, his vomit projectiles can sometimes have spikes in them, which will spread in all directions upon impact. These spikes (7 in total) are poisonous and will damage and slow down the player for a short period of time, if they're hit (much like Ooze Spawn). Try to avoid them if possible.
- Be careful not to wander too close to the sides of the arena, as there are multiple mines lying close to the walls. One wrong step, and the player can lose a lot of health or even die.
Related achievements[edit | edit source]
|Defeat Fattie Swallower.|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam's Bogus Detour (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)