The Explosion Eater is an enemy that appears in Serious Sam: Double D: XXL.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Explosion Eater is a flying pig-like creature. It has hair on its head, and has a fire on its tail. It has a ‘trunk’ which enables it to suck explosive projectiles and fill its belly.
Attacks and stats[edit | edit source]
Unlike other enemies, who just fire projectiles at the player, the Explosion Eater attacks differently. If the player fires explosives at it, it will eat them. If it eats a lot of them, it will turn them into fireballs and fire them at the player. These fireballs are relatively easy to dodge, but can do a good amount of if all of them hit the player. When killed, the Explosion Eater will explode after a few seconds.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- Rapid-fire weapons, such as the XL4 Lasergun, and Thompson submachine gun , work best against the Explosion Eater. The large amount of projectiles they fire can quickly kill kill it, especially if they are upgraded with powerful upgrades.
- Multiple Explosion Eaters can be dealt with the same weapons used to kill a single one. Rapid-fire weapons work great against groups of them.
- When paired with other enemies, the Explosion Eater is a medium threat. While it fires several fireballs, they can be avoided easily, but can make it to dodge other enemy projectiles. In more tight spaces, they should be high- priority targets as the tight rooms can make it difficult to dodge its projectiles. Killing it will give the player much more space to dodge around.
- If the player doesn't use any explosive weapons, Explosion Eaters will become completely harmless.
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam: Double D: XXL (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)