The Emetic Anthropolyp, colloquially referred to as the Belcher, is an enemy that appears in Serious Sam 4.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Emetic Anthropolyp is a tall, obese malformed humanoid creature with greenish-yellow skin covered in large growths. It has chains wrapped tightly around its belly. It also has short, stubby appendanges growing on its head, which are a colony of polyps that control the creature's body.
It is unclear if they are the result of intentional design or merely the accidental byproduct of unsuccessful Anthropolyp conversions.
They are fairly common enemies, sometimes appearing alone or in small groups mixed with weaker enemies. They are first encountered in Death from Above.
Behavior and skills[edit | edit source]
When the Belcher spots the target, it will attack by projecting toxic bile at them. This bile can briefly obscure the player's vision if they get caught in the projectile's path. When an Emetic Anthropolyp has been killed or takes substaniel damage, it will explode into a cloud of noxious gas that damages any players, NPCs and enemies in the area.
It has quite slow movement compared to other enemies.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- The Belcher doesn't have much health; a few shots from the 12 Gauge Pump-Action Shotgun or a well placed shot from the Double Barrel Coach Gun is enough to kill it, so long all of the pellets connect.
- Keep a safe distance when engaging Belchers to avoid the risk of being damaged by their explosion.
- For dealing with Belchers that are some distance away, the M29 Infantry Assault Rifle. MK III Grenade Launcher and XPML21 Rocket Launcher are effective weapons to use.
- The Belcher's projectiles can easily be avoided by sidestepping.
- In comparison with other enemies, Belchers are a low-priority threat, but can become troublesome in numbers or on high difficulty settings.
Related achievements[edit | edit source]
|Kill a Belcher using Belcher collateral barf damage.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam 4 (First appearance)