The Double-Barrel Shotgun is a shotgun that appears in Serious Sam: Next Encounter. It is the only shotgun that appears in the game.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The double-barrel shotgun is a side-by-side double barreled shotgun that fires a spread of pellets at a target. Both barrels at once when the fire key is hit. If a point-blank shot is achieved, it can do significant damage to anything except the largest enemies. However, the weapon is automatically reloaded after each shot, making the user vulnerable for a brief period between shots.
The shotgun has a large pellet spread that makes the weapon less effective at range.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- Do not use the double-barrel shotgun at long range. It will do little or no damage to an enemy.
- The double-barrel can one-hit kill multiple weak enemies if they are clustered together. This makes it a great alternative to the Shofield Uzi Pistols or the XOP Gas Gun if ammo is tight for those weapons.
- The shotgun can one-hit kill enemies with a medium amount of health, such as the Minor Bio-mechanoid and the Warrior.
- This weapon is useful in a pinch against enemies with a large amount of health that are close to the player, such as the Major Bio-mechanoid, as each point-blank shot appears to be the equivalent of a rocket to the face minus the splash damage.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam: Next Encounter (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)