Cucurbito the Pumpkin is a genetically engineered human wearing overalls, who uses a chainsaw, and has a pumpkin for a head. He was made by Mental by combining elements his time-traveling agents found on 20th century Earth, including Smashing Pumpkins albums, a copy of the Burt Reynolds movie Deliverance and a copy of Lumberjack Digest.
"This monster was genetically engineered by Mental one weekend when his time travelling agents returned with samples of 20th century media. Among the items were a CD from a band whose name had something to do with destroying vegetables, a movie featuring Burt Reynolds and a grinning banjo player, and an old copy of 'Lumberjack Digest'. As he inserted the final, 1979th part into this abomination, it sprang to life and even the Notorious Mental faltered at the sight of this Bull with Gluttonous Things. Just a perfect example of Mental rolling in his infinite badness."
Cucurbitos attack similarly to a Sirian Werebull, by charging into the player and slashing them with their chainsaw. If the player dodges their attack, they will turn around and try again. The player can also be damaged by walking into a Cucurbito.
- Cucurbitos are easy to dodge, making them not a major serious threat when encountered with other enemies. The player can easily dodge Cucurbitos while taking out more serious threats, such as Major Bio-mechanoids.
- Cucurbito is very similar to a Sirian Werebull minus the knockback effect from its charge attack and should be treated as such.
- For obvious reasons, one should not use melee weapons against Cucurbito, unless as a last resort and you sidestep to avoid its attacks.
- A single or small group of Cucurbitos can be killed with the Double Barrel Coach Gun or XPML21 Rocket Launcher.
- Groups of Cucurbitos can be easily taken out with the XM214-A Minigun, XOP Flamethrower, MK III Grenade Launcher, zoomed in RAPTOR Sniper Rifle or a charged up cannonball. The minigun's high rate of fire and the very large amount of damage a charged up cannonball can do to a group make them very useful against Cucurbitos.
- In the HD version of the game, Cucurbitos can sometimes rapidly slash the player, dealing the same amount of damage but in a rapid succession. Usually occurs if you are close to them after their charge attack is finished.
Serious Sam FusionEdit
|Trick or Treat|
|Kill 50 Cucurbitos.|
- According to NETRICSA, Cucurbito is a vegetarian.
- The Xbox version of the Cucurbito has a slight change in appearance, as well as a different chainsaw.
List of appearancesEdit
- Serious Sam: The Second Encounter (First appearance)
- Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
- Serious Sam VR: The Second Encounter