Overview[edit | edit source]
A crate bus is a vehicle made from wooden crates which has Serious Sam's logo on it. It is not known how the bus can fly, considering that it doesn't have wings or propellers. The bus has a total of 24 seats. It also seems to have two parts; the first part has 7 seats on one side and the other has one 5. The crates are joined together with chains so they don't detach.
The crate bus is also capable of a turbo boost called "hypercrate" which can drastically increase the speed of the vehicle.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
After Sam flies off to Sirius in the SSS Centerprice, the Bigheads on their crate bus take flight to follow Sam on his journey. When Sam's spaceship gains speed and they can't catch up, they decide to activate "hypercrate". Suddenly, the brake of the crate bus breaks and they lose control, crashing into the Centerprice and sending it back to Earth. Later on, the remains of the crate bus can be found in Sierra de Chiapas as a secret.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Sam's quote at the secret destroyed crate bus in The Second Encounter's Sierra de Chiapas is a play-on from the Interview with Old Man Murray with Croteam's Roman Ribarić where Murray expresses his hatred towards the abundance of crates in first-person shooters at the time and jokes how Croteam did not understand what the word crate meant.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam: The Second Encounter (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)
- Serious Sam: Xbox (Non-canonical appearance)
- Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter (Non-canonical appearance)
- Serious Sam VR: The Second Encounter (Non-canonical appearance)