The Circular Saw is a melee weapon that appears in Serious Sam 2.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The circular saw, like the P-LAH Chainsaw from Serious Sam 1, is a tool that has been modified for use in combat. It is circular in shape with a chrome blade and a yellow body, the latter of which having several attachments such as a small screen and exhaust pipes on the side. It is a starting weapon, which replaces the Military Knife.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- The saw is not a recommended weapon against Beheaded Kamikazes and Marcel Clowns.
- This weapon should not be used against long ranged firing enemies, such as Zombie Soldiers , T-Mechs and The General and many others at close range.
- The saw is handy for breaking apart crates without wasting any ammo.
- Due to the way the chainsaw's attack is calculated in the game engine, the player can actually damage themselves if they crouch and attack the floor with the weapon.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- It's possible that at some point, the blade for the saw would have used the projectile that the Martial Arts Zombie throws at the player.
- As seen in beta screenshots of SS2, the chainsaw was originally going to be a weapon that launched circular saw blades. This was likely changed to function as a saw instead due to the P-LAH otherwise being absent.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The saw's model shares similarities with the Spiral of Death from the Ratchet & Clank game, A Crack in Time.
- The circular saw is mounted on the Beheaded Rocketeer's neck in Serious Sam HD.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Pre-release[edit | edit source]
Retail[edit | edit source]
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam 2 (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)