The Carcinus Lurker is an enemy that appears in Serious Sam: Next Encounter.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Lurker is a crab-like creature with its head raised above the rest of its body. They were originally the police of Atlantis, but when Mental arrived, he captured them and put in a chip in their brain that would make them only obey him. Now they guard Atlantis for a different master; Mental.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
The Lurker's primary attack is to sweep the area with a laser beam from its eye. If the player is close enough, it will charge at them and try to swat at the player with its claws.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- The Lurker's laser beam can easily be dodged by jumping over it. When the Lurker starts moving the laser from left to right, hit the jump key. With some timing, the player can easily jump over its laser.
- If the player is far enough away, the Lurker will not fire its laser, making it completely harmless.
- The Sirian Power Gun can quickly cut down a Lurker. Its high damage output and perfect makes it ideal for use against multiple Lurkers, as it can take them down before they get the chance to use their lasers too many times.
- The Lurker rarely moves, making it perfect for a XPML4000 Rocket Launcher bombardment at any range. It takes about four rockets to kill one.
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam: Next Encounter (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)