The CR-181 Hover Bike is a vehicle that appears in Serious Sam 2.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The CR-181 is a state-of-the-art hover bike made by an unknown party. It is equipped with two low-power plasma bolt launchers and two fairly fast engines. The hover bike can kill a target by ramming into it, but it will take damage in the process.
Occurrence[edit | edit source]
The hover bike is the most common vehicle encountered in the game. In addition to being found while going through a level, a few bikes can be also found in secrets.
Variants[edit | edit source]
A much more powerful variant of the hover bike appears on the final level. This hover bike has a different color scheme, more health and fires much more powerful projectiles, but is the same speed as the regular hover bike. However, once it is entered, the player cannot leave it. In addition, if the hover bike's health is reduced to zero, the player will die along with the hover bike.
Another variant appears on Sirius. This one is blue and fires actual missiles rather than plasma bolts. Also, unlike the normal hover bike, this bike can fly around in a Harrier-type fashion with simple controls.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- The hover bike's major advantages are its speed and maneuverability. If the player is aware, the hover bike can avoid every attack that is fired at them.
- The shots fired by the hover bike are weak, but there are several ways to compensate for this. First, hold down the fire key. Overwhelming an enemy with hover bike bolts can kill even a strong enemy, such as a T-Mech, as long as the player is persistent. While firing, constantly strafe around a target in a circle pattern. This is called circle strafing, and it lets the player deal damage while avoiding enemy attacks. The hover bike is fast enough that it can easily avoid enemy attacks while circle strafing, making it a very useful strategy.
- The hover bike can run over weak enemies, but it does damage every time an enemy is hit. It's a fun way to defeat enemies if the player doesn't mind taking extra damage to kill enemies in a funny way.
- Repair items can heal the hover bike if it takes damage.
- The hover bike's orange extra-strong bolts can destroy any of the ships sent by the Mental Institution in one shot.
- The hover bike's maneuverability and speed is very handy for dodging the projectiles fired by the Mental Institution.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
List of appearances[edit | edit source]
- Serious Sam 2 (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)